OT IU Baseball 2019

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

I just came home and have no idea if IU won today. Apparently not. If Mile changed the channel then all hope is lost.

Got beat 4-2 

Offense wasn't there. Pitching was good enough to win. 1 run was unearned.

1 hour ago, Officer Obie said:

I just came home and have no idea if IU won today. Apparently not. If Mile changed the channel then all hope is lost.

Well. At least James won again on Jeopardy.  Closing in on $ 2 million.  Not sure what I am more anxious for.  IU's next baseball game .  Or James on Jeopardy.  Oh heck... I love them both !   GO HOOSIERS !

14 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Backing what I have said about having the B1G tournament in the same venue as the NCAAT. We have already seen in the first two games how not knowing the field has already impacted the games prior to IU's game.  I stand on my statement, that is good to familiarize the team with the venue, should they have the opportunity to return for the NCAAT.

And as far as the size of the field taking away from IU's HR capability. I give you this. From our B!G coach of the year:  He has never instructed his players to hit home runs. Rather to just put the ball into play. 

Theres been one big ten team make the CWS the last 35 years.... there's no reason for us to worry about the venue. At least when basketball goes to the east coast for the tourney it's a huge market and a lot of big ten alumni live there. No one friggin lives in Nebraska. 

Put the thing in Indy and your crowds would soar, let alone the best city in the country for hosting major sporting events. 

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Theres been one big ten team make the CWS the last 35 years.... there's no reason for us to worry about the venue. At least when basketball goes to the east coast for the tourney it's a huge market and a lot of big ten alumni live there. No one friggin lives in Nebraska. 

Put the thing in Indy and your crowds would soar, let alone the best city in the country for hosting major sporting events. 

They should definitely have it in Indy it’s a no brainer. There is like 50 people in the stands for game I watched. Sad. 

2 hours ago, 5 championships said:

They should definitely have it in Indy it’s a no brainer. There is like 50 people in the stands for game I watched. Sad. 

Yeah.. and that was the 2 seed and 3 seed playing. How many alumni and fans from UI and UM live in Indy? Quite a few, I assume. 

Archived