OT IU Baseball 2019

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Eff Nebraska and their home field advantage they have every year. I hope Minny, Iowa, OSU, or Maryland win it... B1G would get 5 teams in that way. 

Do you complain when the BTT basketball tournament is in Indy since that gives us the homecourt advantage.  Especially in baseball I don't think homefield advantage is that big of a deal.

53 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Do you complain when the BTT basketball tournament is in Indy since that gives us the homecourt advantage.  Especially in baseball I don't think homefield advantage is that big of a deal.

Well for one Indy is centrally located... is Omaha centrally located Scott? Is it even close? 

To argue there isnt a home field advantage is pretty silly and just trying to be argumentative. 

And.. the BTT isnt exclusively in Indy the last time I checked? I never complained with it being in Chicago btw... why? Because its CENTRALLY LOCATED. 

Please come up with any sort of argument for it to be in Omaha... and don't talk about being prepared for the CWS because theres been one BT team in the CWS since 1982, I believe. Stupid to have it in Omaha. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Well for one Indy is centrally located... is Omaha centrally located Scott? Is it even close? 

To argue there isnt a home field advantage is pretty silly and just trying to be argumentative. 

And.. the BTT isnt exclusively in Indy the last time I checked? I never complained with it being in Chicago btw... why? Because its CENTRALLY LOCATED. 

Please come up with any sort of argument for it to be in Omaha... and don't talk about being prepared for the CWS because theres been one BT team in the CWS since 1982, I believe. Stupid to have it in Omaha. 

I really couldn't care less where the tournament is played but don't see why you would get upset on such a trivial thing.

36 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I really couldn't care less where the tournament is played but don't see why you would get upset on such a trivial thing.

So you dont have an opinion you're just arguing to argue?

You of all people probably shouldn't talk about "trivial things". Lol golden. 

Two JUCO kids we will have on the team this year turned in big seasons for John A Logan College (Kaletha and Gordon went there). 

Cooper Trinkle..  IF from Col North hit .368 and had 27 RBI... obp was .525 and was 17/18 SB

Hunter Combs C (thank god) hit .376 4HR 48 RBI and had 9 SB (odd for a catcher)

Frustrating watching Neb and UM play. At the half way point theres been 15 hits and 15 runs combined. One of the reasons I liked our chances was because our pitching depth, unfortunately we didn't get to see that used. We will still be #2 seed and hopefully be sent to UL.

Maybe Nebraska negotiated it as part of coming into the B1G. Also Omaha has proven it can handle multiple games with its facilities and crowds (although nobody seems to go to baseball games anymore)...I’m sure there are dozens of reasons to have it there...outside of centrally logistic to the league. That said it does seem like some conferences do all they can to hold tournaments etc to best benefit their top schools and the B1G doesn’t always do that.

30 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Maybe Nebraska negotiated it as part of coming into the B1G. Also Omaha has proven it can handle multiple games with its facilities and crowds (although nobody seems to go to baseball games anymore)...I’m sure there are dozens of reasons to have it there...outside of centrally logistic to the league. That said it does seem like some conferences do all they can to hold tournaments etc to best benefit their top schools and the B1G doesn’t always do that.

If that was the negotiation for them to come to the conference that's the worse deal probably ever. There is really no argument to have it there instead of Indy. 

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

If that was the negotiation for them to come to the conference that's the worse deal probably ever. There is really no argument to have it there instead of Indy. 

You don’t think the facilities there in Omaha are better suited? Look someday it may come to Indy but just like the B1G in Madison Square Garden sometimes it’s about putting the game on the biggest stage...and in college baseball that is Omaha. It sucks..imagine the eastern teams but I think your outrage is a little much. 

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

You don’t think the facilities there in Omaha are better suited? Look someday it may come to Indy but just like the B1G in Madison Square Garden sometimes it’s about putting the game on the biggest stage...and in college baseball that is Omaha. It sucks..imagine the eastern teams but I think your outrage is a little much. 

Bigger stage in Omaha? No... not for the B1G. The B1G is like the 7th or 8th best conference in baseball. Better suited for what? 400 people to go to the game? Have you watched any sort of baseball this year? Your opinion on my "outrage" is irrelevant to me. 

23 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Bigger stage in Omaha? No... not for the B1G. The B1G is like the 7th or 8th best conference in baseball. Better suited for what? 400 people to go to the game? Have you watched any sort of baseball this year? Your opinion on my "outrage" is irrelevant to me. 

Having watched bits & pieces of today's games on BTN, I think 400 is a bit high. 😂

1 hour ago, bronkonagurski said:

Having watched bits & pieces of today's games on BTN, I think 400 is a bit high. 😂

Yeah, attendance is abysmal.  I understand the outrage / disappointment.  So many more fans could make it if it were in a central venue.  Seeing the horrendous turnout makes it that much worse.

IMO, having the B1G tournament there with it's turnout is not doing anyone a favor.  As a player, the venue mattered more when it was in front of a real crowd.  During their hayday, wrestling at Adams Central for a regular season meet meant almost nothing.  Wrestling there for the ACAC tournament on the other hand... Omaha is not the same now as it will be in a number of weeks.

As far as the B1G in MSG, at least that event mixes it up with visits to other locations.

6 hours ago, PoHoosier said:

Yeah, attendance is abysmal.  I understand the outrage / disappointment.  So many more fans could make it if it were in a central venue.  Seeing the horrendous turnout makes it that much worse.

IMO, having the B1G tournament there with it's turnout is not doing anyone a favor.  As a player, the venue mattered more when it was in front of a real crowd.  During their hayday, wrestling at Adams Central for a regular season meet meant almost nothing.  Wrestling there for the ACAC tournament on the other hand... Omaha is not the same now as it will be in a number of weeks.

As far as the B1G in MSG, at least that event mixes it up with visits to other locations.

And all the alumni bases in NYC can attend. 

14 hours ago, btownqb said:

Hey it’s all good. I just assumed you were upset we lost and I get that. The fact that you can’t find any suitable reasons for having it in Omaha well then I’ll just let you be upset. I have watched several games on tv and most were equally poorly attended even by the home crowds. Heck even some major league teams with a few thousand fans...it isn’t just a B1G issue it’s a baseball issue. I am sure the B1G has their reasons and I’m sure even a few of them make sense. Hopefully we get a good draw in the tournament. At least that we can all agree on.

There are actually a ton of really nice minor league stadiums the B10 could use.Victory Field is going to be top of mind, but 5/3 Field in Dayton, Huntington Park in Columbus and Modern Woodmen Park in the Quad Cities are all great minor league parks that wouldn't seem as cavernous.

Or, if you really wanted to incorporate the East Coast/NYC, MCU Park. Home of the Mets short season A minor league team, it's literally in the shadows of Coney Island in Brooklyn.

I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones off the top of my head. They're all around 5-10K in capacity, which is half of what the stadium in Omaha has.

2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

There are actually a ton of really nice minor league stadiums the B10 could use.Victory Field is going to be top of mind, but 5/3 Field in Dayton, Huntington Park in Columbus and Modern Woodmen Park in the Quad Cities are all great minor league parks that wouldn't seem as cavernous.

Or, if you really wanted to incorporate the East Coast/NYC, MCU Park. Home of the Mets short season A minor league team, it's literally in the shadows of Coney Island in Brooklyn.

I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones off the top of my head. They're all around 5-10K in capacity, which is half of what the stadium in Omaha has.

Columbus OH makes a lot of sense as well. 

OSU up late... that would put 5 big ten teams in the tourney. That's a good thing. 

3 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

The Tin Caps stadium in Ft Wayne has been named the top minor league stadium several years running.

14 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The Tin Caps stadium in Ft Wayne has been named the top minor league stadium several years running.

Would be a solid location as well. 4 year rotation... 1 year in Omaha, 1 year in Indy, 1 year in Omaha, 1 year a rotation of Columbus, Ft. Wayne, another minor league. 

On 5/24/2019 at 5:02 PM, IU Scott said:

IU has an advantage in the BTT basketball tournament?  LMAO

Archived