OT IU Baseball 2019

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

If you don't think it should be in Omaha then why did you still give them two of the four years

It shouldn't be there every year. Its obvious the B1G wants it there some... every year I have an issue with. 

22 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Do you know anything about the other teams (besides UL) in our region?  

ISU.. big lefty is their Friday night guy. 3.50 ERA.. they have one guy in the bullpen with a sub 4 ERA that's thrown q decent amount of innings. Other than that the staff isnt overly impressive. They will start 5 guys in their lineup hitting over .300. 

Other notes.. UL has a turf field, so we will be used to that. Although I wanted Saalfrank game one.. I think Milto gets the nod and Andrew pitches on Saturday. 

After thinking about the location of the BTT a little more... Indy might be hard with it being Memorial Day weekend with the 500. I'm not sure though. I will stay firm on Omaha every year is crap, a little alteration would help a lot. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

After thinking about the location of the BTT a little more... Indy might be hard with it being Memorial Day weekend with the 500. I'm not sure though. I will stay firm on Omaha every year is crap, a little alteration would help a lot. 

No way it would work with it being the same weekend as the 500.   I had not thought of that. 

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

You got your wish.  Seriously happy for you.

IU is a number two seed.

Best possible draw by far.  Way better than Nashville.   Plus, the Super Regional seems the most manageable.    Probably won’t get out of regional, but they couldn’t have asked for a better path to Omaha.  

Agree. I think Milto goes G1 and Saalfrank goes G2.  Need bats to show up this weekend. 

7 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Best possible draw by far.  Way better than Nashville.   Plus, the Super Regional seems the most manageable.    Probably won’t get out of regional, but they couldn’t have asked for a better path to Omaha.  

Agree. I think Milto goes G1 and Saalfrank goes G2.  Need bats to show up this weekend. 

Question for you, or any other IU baseball fan.  How are the dimensions in Louisville.  Omaha was tough on our home run team.  Hoping Louisville will be kinder to our Big Thumpers.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Question for you, or any other IU baseball fan.  How are the dimensions in Louisville.  Omaha was tough on our home run team.  Hoping Louisville will be kinder to our Big Thumpers.

Very similar to BK Field. ULs stadium is 5ft bigger in the LCF gap and 11ft bigger in the RCF gap, down the lines are the same, CF is 2ft bigger.  And as I mentioned.. it's Turf.. so we'll be used to that. ISU field is turf in the infield. 

Very similar to BK Field. ULs stadium is 5ft bigger in the LCF gap and 11ft bigger in the RCF gap, down the lines are the same, CF is 2ft bigger.  And as I mentioned.. it's Turf.. so we'll be used to that. ISU field is turf in the infield. 

Thanks btown.  Can't wait for the game.

On 5/23/2019 at 3:52 PM, btownqb said:

They single 4-3 Minnesota. Why just why. F***

On 5/23/2019 at 4:08 PM, btownqb said:

Saalfrank has to start game 1 of the regional. 

That's not until next Friday the 31st.  We had the B1G pitcher of the year, but he didn't throw even one official pitch in the tournament.  So is he dinged a little, or what's up?  Is there a strategy? 

Just now, slojoe said:

That's not until next Friday the 31st.  We had the B1G pitcher of the year, but he didn't throw even one official pitch in the tournament.  So is he dinged a little, or what's up?  Is there a strategy? 

Confused by your first sentence? And he's been the Sunday starter since mid March.. so it was always the game plan for him to pitch game 3, but by no means have the other two been bad. Milto 3.4era Gordon 3.3era 

Confused by your first sentence? And he's been the Sunday starter since mid March.. so it was always the game plan for him to pitch game 3, but by no means have the other two been bad. Milto 3.4era Gordon 3.3era 

The first sentence points out that there would be no rest problems for regional if Saalfrank pitched on Thursday.

Thursday was an elimination game.  Gordon didn't have it and wasn't helped by poor fielding.  Why not bring in  Saalfrank to pitch the last 5 innings or so?  Yes, I know he couldn't start the next day, but there is no next day if you don't win this one.  Minny just chipped away at our relievers and got 9 runs.  Our hitting was AWOL for the first 2 games, but if we get to the 3d, there is a good chance they can carry a patchwork pitching rotation.

2 minutes ago, slojoe said:

The first sentence points out that there would be no rest problems for regional if Saalfrank pitched on Thursday.

Thursday was an elimination game.  Gordon didn't have it and wasn't helped by poor fielding.  Why not bring in  Saalfrank to pitch the last 5 innings or so?  Yes, I know he couldn't start the next day, but there is no next day if you don't win this one.  Minny just chipped away at our relievers and got 9 runs.  Our hitting was AWOL for the first 2 games, but if we get to the 3d, there is a good chance they can carry a patchwork pitching rotation.

Meh.. the two guys we put in had been good all year. I had no problem with not using Saalfrank there.. the other guys simply didn't execute. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Meh.. the two guys we put in had been good all year. I had no problem with not using Saalfrank there.. the other guys simply didn't execute. 

I would say if rested and Healthy you pitch your best pitchers in a win or go home situation.  You don't think major league teams if their star pitcher is rested would not pitch him in the play in game or a game 7.

17 hours ago, btownqb said:

Yes.  Very similar.  I don’t think anything is quite like TD.  When IU was in CWS, I think there was less than 5 homers the whole tourney.  Coach Smith always talked about the dimensions AND the winds were the killer.  I believe they moved the fences in the following year.   That IU team hit a few shots to the warning track. That team was built for bombs.  Had it been a regular field, they very well could’ve gone further.  

Louisville will be fine.   Just need to show up. Bottom line.   Not sure what happened last week. 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would say if rested and Healthy you pitch your best pitchers in a win or go home situation.  You don't think major league teams if their star pitcher is rested would not pitch him in the play in game or a game 7.

This isn't like Saalfrank is Kershaw and the other two are duds. Gordon in conference games threw 49 innings at a 2.94 ERA and .82WHIP... had 50K and 3BB .207BA against. Saalfrank 54 innings 2.46 ERA 1.16 WHIP 76K 16BB .222BA against. 

Archived