OT IU Baseball 2019

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

This isn't like Saalfrank is Kershaw and the other two are duds. Gordon in conference games threw 49 innings at a 2.94 ERA and .82WHIP... had 50K and 3BB .207BA against. Saalfrank 54 innings 2.46 ERA 1.16 WHIP 76K 16BB .222BA against. 

He was voted conference pitcher of the year

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

He was voted conference pitcher of the year

And attended the same high school as I.  I had no issues either with who pitched in the tourney.  

As for as awards, Mercer won B1G COY.  I would question Coach if the selected pitchers were miles behind Sallfrank.

7 hours ago, btownqb said:

Bierman in 11ip in conference games .82ERA .73WHIP ... that's who relieved Gordon. He just didn't get the job done. 

OK,  looking at the summary and box score I see what he was doing.  We were up 3-2 going in to the top of the 5th, and Minny had the top of their order up.  The lead off hitter flied out, and then IU's 2B made a crucial error followed by a double which tied the game.  We had a lights out closer with the heart of the Minny order coming up.  So this looks like it's the crucial point in the game (it was), and he brings in the lights out closer to keep IU in the game and tournament.  If things go well, he can go with his relievers or bring in Saalfrank to go 4 innings.  Unfortunately Minny gets a double followed up by a single which gave them a 5-3 lead.  Our bats only get 1 more run.  We had 3 hits and 4 runs.  But you have to admit btownqb it's pretty weird to not have the B1G pitcher of the year fail to throw a pitch in the tournament.

2 hours ago, slojoe said:

OK,  looking at the summary and box score I see what he was doing.  We were up 3-2 going in to the top of the 5th, and Minny had the top of their order up.  The lead off hitter flied out, and then IU's 2B made a crucial error followed by a double which tied the game.  We had a lights out closer with the heart of the Minny order coming up.  So this looks like it's the crucial point in the game (it was), and he brings in the lights out closer to keep IU in the game and tournament.  If things go well, he can go with his relievers or bring in Saalfrank to go 4 innings.  Unfortunately Minny gets a double followed up by a single which gave them a 5-3 lead.  Our bats only get 1 more run.  We had 3 hits and 4 runs.  But you have to admit btownqb it's pretty weird to not have the B1G pitcher of the year fail to throw a pitch in the tournament.

I wont disagree with that. 

5 hours ago, PoHoosier said:

And attended the same high school as I.  I had no issues either with who pitched in the tourney.  

As for as awards, Mercer won B1G COY.  I would question Coach if the selected pitchers were miles behind Sallfrank.

Yep. There was a plan, a solid plan. It comes down to execution or lack there of on our part. 

Archived