OT IU Baseball 2019

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/20/2019 at 7:33 PM, IUfan93 said:

Saw Doolin a few times in the region. Quite a pitcher. Sounds like he gave another stellar performance to win the state title. He stalled some pretty good Edgewood hitters from what I hear. I had some friends that took in the game. 

Edgewood actually had more hits than Andrean.  Doolin was a stikeout marching but Hayden pitched a solid game as well.  Sater had a couple solid hits.  Errors and a few walks with no outs really hurt Edgewood in the last couple innings.

3 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

Edgewood actually had more hits than Andrean.  Doolin was a stikeout marching but Hayden pitched a solid game as well.  Sater had a couple solid hits.  Errors and a few walks with no outs really hurt Edgewood in the last couple innings.

I saw that in the box score. I also saw Vecrumba didn’t have a very good game against Doolin. He’s a very tough pitcher. 

58 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Reese Sharp coming to IU let's go!!!!!!! Huge news. Hugeeee. To refresh the kid was drafted in the 28th rd by the Giants. 

I’m curious to see how he and some of the other recruits are used. There are multiple  that have two way potential. Sharp was up to 95 mph during the regional championship on the mound though. 

31 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I’m curious to see how he and some of the other recruits are used. There are multiple  that have two way potential. Sharp was up to 95 mph during the regional championship on the mound though. 

Our lineup is solid. 

Outfield is basically set, 2nd and 3rd are set. DH and 1B are probably going to Skrine and Fucci. SS (Walker, Houston, and Trinkle will battle for it) and then catcher (Voth, Combs, and Holtz battle it out). 

Nathan Stahl, Sharp, Steele, and Jack Walker have a chance to throw a lot as FR. 

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Our lineup is solid. 

Outfield is basically set, 2nd and 3rd are set. DH and 1B are probably going to Skrine and Fucci. SS (Walker, Houston, and Trinkle will battle for it) and then catcher (Voth, Combs, and Holtz battle it out). 

Nathan Stahl, Sharp, Steele, and Jack Walker have a chance to throw a lot as FR. 

Who do you think is in the OF? Dunham, Richardson and who? 

Just now, btownqb said:

Vecrumba. He starts day one in CF... out of need and out of his talent. 

That was my assumption as well. Platt, Gaffney, and Modugno could all see time on the mound too. This class definitely has some quality arms in it.

53 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

That was my assumption as well. Platt, Gaffney, and Modugno could all see time on the mound too. This class definitely has some quality arms in it.

And Bothwell and Dunkelberger will be RS FR and they both have FANTASTIC NUMBERS in summer league. 

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Who is Platt?

David Platt 6-2 RHP from PA.

https://www.prepbaseballreport.com/profiles/PA/David--Platt-0276154893

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

And Bothwell and Dunkelberger will be RS FR and they both have FANTASTIC NUMBERS in summer league. 

I hadn’t even thought about them but IU will have several innings to go around. 

4 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Guys transferring in or out?  

Both.. but I only know details about the ones transferring in. Supposedly the ones on the way arent difference makers, but idk names. One of the ones that potentially on the way in is a pretty big time recruit. 

Archived