OT IU Baseball 2019

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

OK I admit I haven't followed Men's baseball, so what is the significance of Iowa winning?

We don’t play them this year so we were relying on help with them getting losses. 

We now control our own Destiny. Nebraska now has 4 losses. We have 2. Iowa stil has their best pitcher going tomorrow as well. If they can win another every team except Michigan, 3 losses, will have 5 losses. Will make our series up in Ann Arbor likely a series for the title. Unless we have a Lemonis style collapse. 

2 hours ago, 5 championships said:

What’s up with sommers he keeps getting smacked around? I believe he was one that gave up 5 runs to MSU in 7th. I think he is coming off injury tho but is supposed to have electric stuff??

That's the only time all year he has been hit at all. Before the MSU game he had pitched 28 innings and given up 5 earned runs. 

He gave up 3 earned runs on Sunday, but the last two were from a bunt that somehow two came around to score. 

Tommy is a stud and basically won us the Purdue game when he came in with bases loaded and no outs in the first and didn't give up a run. Before the MSU game his ERA was 1.94 in 28 innings. 

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

That's the only time all year he has been hit at all. Before the MSU game he had pitched 28 innings and given up 5 earned runs. 

He gave up 3 earned runs on Sunday, but the last two were from a bunt that somehow two came around to score. 

Tommy is a stud and basically won us the Purdue game when he came in with bases loaded and no outs in the first and didn't give up a run. Before the MSU game his ERA was 1.94 in 28 innings. 

Ok I wasn’t sure I haven’t been following that close. Thanks for update!

Archived