Scholarship Grid

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Bob said:

I know Davis and Green will graduate, I also will be surprised if Damezi Anderson doesn’t transfer. He hasn’t shown he can contribute enough at this level to play more. 

It would be unfortunate if Demezi transfers for 2 reasons.  1. He will be a very strong 9th or 10th man as a junior and senior.  Having quality depth that are mature leads to good seasons.  He doesn't have to develop into an all B1G guy and that's ok. 2. Blake Wesley.  Do we really want him being Izzo' s next Gary Harris?  A guy we could have/should have had if we play our cards right.  

On 2/1/2020 at 9:19 AM, NotIThatLives said:

It would be unfortunate if Demezi transfers for 2 reasons.  1. He will be a very strong 9th or 10th man as a junior and senior.  Having quality depth that are mature leads to good seasons.  He doesn't have to develop into an all B1G guy and that's ok. 2. Blake Wesley.  Do we really want him being Izzo' s next Gary Harris?  A guy we could have/should have had if we play our cards right.  

I remember losing Gary Harris, to Izzo’ who was our coach at that time?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im reading a lot of input pertaining to next years lineup and who might be significant contributors. I see Khristian Lander starting from day one. I hope Phinisee gets ( stays) healthy and shows IMPROVEMENT from this season. What I dont hear people discussing, is our lack of size and efficiency under the basket. If Joey Brunk is our sole big in the paint ( allowing TJD to play forward as he should), we will NOT be competitive. ( See Kofi Cockburn, Luka Garza, Caleb Wesson etc)  Deron Davis ( would have, should have, could have... but didnt ever produce at said position. It is imperative in this league to have a space eater that can defend underneath, score regularly and make free throws. I hope such a player is CAMs #1 priority going forward

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2020 at 7:38 AM, John dykhuizen said:

Im reading a lot of input pertaining to next years lineup and who might be significant contributors. I see Khristian Lander starting from day one. I hope Phinisee gets ( stays) healthy and shows IMPROVEMENT from this season. What I dont hear people discussing, is our lack of size and efficiency under the basket. If Joey Brunk is our sole big in the paint ( allowing TJD to play forward as he should), we will NOT be competitive. ( See Kofi Cockburn, Luka Garza, Caleb Wesson etc)  Deron Davis ( would have, should have, could have... but didnt ever produce at said position. It is imperative in this league to have a space eater that can defend underneath, score regularly and make free throws. I hope such a player is CAMs #1 priority going forward

I think another offseason of development and strength training for Race will allow him to step into a starting role down low next year. Justin also has the strength and athleticism to compete in the paint for stretches. My biggest concern is getting consistent wing play from someone more versatile than JS next year. We need Hunter to take a jump or one of the freshmen to surprise. If we roll into next year with the same horrible floor spacing because 3 of JS, Race, Brunk, TJD are on the court at the same time, we're going to struggle.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Mods,

Since @PhinithreeMagic is gracious enough to keep this updated, is there any way to make his most recent the first post in the thread? 

Thanks

I've got this in a Google sheet doc now so I'm happy to maintain it or share with a mod that wants to. I tried to embed with html so it wouldn't require a new post each time, but the output code from Google wasn't working (not my area of expertise).

• 4 weeks later...

Could the confirmation of the Lander reclass lead to the next domino to fall?

Making the always dangerous assumption - it's possible Archie had plans in place based on whether Lander ended up reclassifying or not. Now that we know Lander will be on the roster Archie can address other team needs. He's probably had those conversations with potential recruits who may be ready to pull the trigger now that we know what Lander is doing. To be clear, I wouldn't suggest another verbal is "imminent", it's just speculation.

• 2 weeks later...