People You can't Stand

and then they do or say something and it changes the way that you look at them.

For me its Mitch Albom.  I could not stand that guy.  I hated everything about him when he was on the Sports Reporters. Anything that he said I had to find an argument for so that I was not in agreement with him on anything. Then 1 day it all changed. I read Tuesday's with Morrie and then The  people you meet in Heaven and I had a complete change of heart. 

Has that happened to anyone or just me? If nothing else I was hoping it might start a good discussion. Or people you admired that fell fromgrace for the same reason. 

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

and then they do or say something and it changes the way that you look at them.

For me its Mitch Albom.  I could not stand that guy.  I hated everything about him when he was on the Sports Reporters. Anything that he said I had to find an argument for so that I was not in agreement with him on anything. Then 1 day it all changed. I read Tuesday's with Morrie and then The  people you meet in Heaven and I had a complete change of heart. 

Has that happened to anyone or just me? If nothing else I was hoping it might start a good discussion. Or people you admired that fell fromgrace for the same reason. 

The only thing I ever disliked about Albom was that haircut...Oy!

For me it was Pete Rose. I idolized him as a kid, but then I met him twice 10 years apart (I was 9 the first time, 19 the second). Along with the subsequent legal/personal problems I find him a despicable human being.

I believe there are people in life including ourselves that will be disliked or despised no matter what they do. I do my best to put people I can't stand out of mind so they don't occupy my headspace and give me negative thoughts. I've learned to forgive and forget. 

But there is one individual in particular that when I see him around I want to put him on a rocket and ship him off to neptune.

Dang, was going to call it a night but saw this thread and reignited my immense apprehension for tomorrow at work! Let's just say, our office manager, who is Japanese just loaded me up with 14 work orders she let slide while she kept Japan corporate happy translating for our Corporate SPY out of Japan! Now she expects me to clean it up TOMORROW  because she is suddenly being held accountable for her work! She will be all over me like one of Fouls Ex's to fix her stuff tomorrow! You have no idea how bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is ALLL about looking good to Japan, It's a culture thing you have to experience to understand. Needless to say I expect my day tomorrow to be extremely miserably to the point I may in spite of my introverted personality  come unglued on her! We have history! In spite of what she thinks I do not report to her, but she will be on me like...…………. Pray for me, it will be that bad!

I actually like the people I work for, but the Japanese culture S...s big time!

Anybody looking for an expert on injection molded plastics that isn't associated with the Japanese culture, PM me please!

I used to have a lengthy list of people I didn't like. Started with Scottie Pippen. Over the years Bill Walton was added, Mike Francesa and quite a few players on my pro teams (Bears, Cubs). Over the last 20 years it's changed. Individual people don't bother me as much because I just dismiss them....but rather types/groups of individual people bother me. Hopefully that makes sense.

For example....old white dudes who think the world should be a certain archaic way or mothers who insist on posting a new picture of kids each hour every hour for 10 years......or parents who use the word it's ok to their kids all the time.....or people who use self check out at Kroger that don't know what their doing or people who try to run up the aisle when plane lands and everyone is exiting or the person who insists on whole world hearing their conversation as they talk in public......I could go on and on but eventually that says more about me. I think I have the problem. Haha.

17 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Dang, was going to call it a night but saw this thread and reignited my immense apprehension for tomorrow at work! Let's just say, our office manager, who is Japanese just loaded me up with 14 work orders she let slide while she kept Japan corporate happy translating for our Corporate SPY out of Japan! Now she expects me to clean it up TOMORROW  because she is suddenly being held accountable for her work! She will be all over me like one of Fouls Ex's to fix her stuff tomorrow! You have no idea how bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is ALLL about looking good to Japan, It's a culture thing you have to experience to understand. Needless to say I expect my day tomorrow to be extremely miserably to the point I may in spite of my introverted personality  come unglued on her! We have history! In spite of what she thinks I do not report to her, but she will be on me like...…………. Pray for me, it will be that bad!

I actually like the people I work for, but the Japanese culture S...s big time!

Anybody looking for an expert on injection molded plastics that isn't associated with the Japanese culture, PM me please!

I worked for Japan's largest pharmaceutical company for years...Lots of good things but they could be very frustrating to work for.

2 hours ago, Colonialcrester said:

I worked for Japan's largest pharmaceutical company for years...Lots of good things but they could be very frustrating to work for.

Having dealt with several Japanese companies including Toyota, there are definitely good and bad ones just like everywhere else. I think the biggest problem with this company is it is family owned and outgrew the Japanese family cronyism. Glad you had good experiences!

• 2 weeks later...

red hat ladies      -    sarah huckabee

bad tippers          -   steve harvey

bible thumpers   -    john calipari

UK fans               -     steph curry

our maintenance guy at my work

just to name a few....

Guess I'll put this here. In the things I can't stand thread. I don't like cryptic tweets, posts,etc....Chronic tweeted out this morning. Ummmmmmmmmmmm, guys

Is anything up? Or does anyone know what he may or may not be referencing? Normally I just move along but obviously he's not a random.

• 1 month later...

Wasn't sure where to put this so I'll just put it here. For those in real estate, or own a home or rental properties or might be selling a home/condo. What would you do if a neighbor listed their place for sale 20% below comps in the area? Right now the area I live in has seen some nice property value increases over the past decade. Out of the blue a neighbor listed their place at a pretty significant % below what other properties in area have been selling for. 

Obviously my interests are selfish but just curious what would you do? Approach agent and ask why? Just sit there and take and realize nothing you can do?

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Wasn't sure where to put this so I'll just put it here. For those in real estate, or own a home or rental properties or might be selling a home/condo. What would you do if a neighbor listed their place for sale 20% below comps in the area? Right now the area I live in has seen some nice property value increases over the past decade. Out of the blue a neighbor listed their place at a pretty significant % below what other properties in area have been selling for. 

Obviously my interests are selfish but just curious what would you do? Approach agent and ask why? Just sit there and take and realize nothing you can do?

Does he need money fast?  I only ask because the lady that lives across the road got in a pinch and quickly sold 12 acres of farm land for $10,000.

54 minutes ago, rico said:

Does he need money fast?  I only ask because the lady that lives across the road got in a pinch and quickly sold 12 acres of farm land for $10,000.

Has to be something along those lines...but average sale time in my hood has been 4 days. Just seemed odd. So to keep in line with the thread I'll say people I can't stand are those listing properties 20% below comps in the area. haha

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Could it be possible there is a structural issue he just wants to get away from and is selling low and making it someone else problem?

Archived