Have you been watching Jeopardy ?

milehiiu

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've watched a few of the episodes he's been on.  Watched today when he won $130K.  It is really crazy to watch, and I like that he seems like a nice guy too.  Sometimes they get people who win a few and they seem arrogant and annoying.  I haven't seen that from him in the few episodes I've watched.

In 10 episodes, he is averaging almost $70K per episode.  Before he was on Jeopardy, the 3 highest single earning days were $77K, $75K, and $69K.  His average would put him at the 3rd highest score of all time before he played.

Nobody has even been in the same realm as him, and I have yet to see a category he doesn't know at least 3-4 of the questions on.  It's definitely worth watching.  I just hope Trebek can hang on long enough to see him all the way through his run.

Leather. I am glad you have been able to catch a few of the episodes. I agree with you that James, seems to be genuine.  Normally saying birthday wishes of friends or families on his last question response. On today's show, he wrote about his Grandmother. And Alex asked James about her. And James just pointed to the sky.

I love how he goes for the highest dollar questions first. Getting them right nearly one hundred percent of the time. Which gives him an even greater chance of getting the daily double... which Alex commented on... on today's show.  And I love when he goes all in most of the time... and gets the answers correct.

His depth and breath of knowledge is unbelievable.

Faithful viewer of Jeopardy for years. JeopardyJames is one of the most impressive players ever. The numbers he's throwing up each day is simply unreal. One thing I was curious about. If he continues and ends the regular season still on the show...will he be invited back to season 36? Or does his run end when this season ends and he's on Tournament of Champions? I'm getting conflicting reports.

Either way. Not a bad run for a sports gambler from Vegas. 

14 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I've not seen him yet,.  Read a few stories about him.  One of the things that I don't understand is why someone this good did not try out for Jeopardy years ago.  If you got it, you got it.  Doesn't make sense to wait.

Maybe he was camera shy?

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I've not seen him yet,.  Read a few stories about him.  One of the things that I don't understand is why someone this good did not try out for Jeopardy years ago.  If you got it, you got it.  Doesn't make sense to wait.

Jeopardy's initial round of tryouts/testing only takes place once a year,and the dates aren't always consistent. Something that could easily slip your mind unless you're an absolute fanatic.

18 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Jeopardy's initial round of tryouts/testing only takes place once a year,and the dates aren't always consistent. Something that could easily slip your mind unless you're an absolute fanatic.

Or, it just didn't fit into whatever schedule he had/has?

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

And also the longer you wait the more history you have to remember.

Watched almost every episode he has been on. 

Love the "all in" gesture he gives.

Feel sorry for the other contestants. There was one woman who couldn't even ring in for most of the game due to the speed of James.

Love his quick calculations to wager odd amounts that when added to what his current total is, has meaning to him.

One other observation, though. Someone close to him should advise him that the open lip smile he goes to is not a good look for him

37 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

He's a professional sports bettor.  His schedule should be fairly flexible.

I have no knowledge of what a professional sports bettor's schedule is.  But I would imagine it involves watching a lot of games.

17 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Watched almost every episode he has been on. 

Love the "all in" gesture he gives.

Feel sorry for the other contestants. There was one woman who couldn't even ring in for most of the game due to the speed of James.

Love his quick calculations to wager odd amounts that when added to what his current total is, has meaning to him.

One other observation, though. Someone close to him should advise him that the open lip smile he goes to is not a good look for him

I too love the "all in" gesture.

As far as his quickness, he uses a technique that Ken Jennings used and talked about after winning all the money Ken won.  Don't know if you have noticed. But James keeps the buzzer out of view of the other contestants. And buzzes in as soon as he can.  Jennings said he would buzz in, not knowing the answer all the time, but would figure it out in the time allotted.

I loved it at the end of yesterday's show, after completely destroying the other two lady contestants.... all they could do was smile. 

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Friday, April 19.  James started the game out slowly. Going into Final with smaller amount that normal (for him).  Another runaway, though. So he bet big, and was correct. Ended up with $80K for the day, and over $850K for the week.

Jeopardy James Holzhauer Final Jeopardy 4/19/19 

I love watching greatness in any sport or contest and that's what he is. With that said I've been trying to figure out how he could get beat. Only way I see him losing (unless someone comes along and beats him at own game) is if he either doesn't hit the daily doubles during the game or hits one late, risks a large portion of his $ and answers incorrectly to keep game close going into final.

Something I've noticed that others alluded to earlier in this thread. Keeping the clicker out of view and his speed to buzzing in. That little nuance of the game probably has sent some of the smarter players home over the years.

Alex announced tonight (April 22) that the average daily earnings by Ken Jennings was $ 34, 000.  And that James daily earnings  exceeds $71,000.

Note:  James exceeded his daily average earning on Monday ( April 22).   I forget the exact amount. But I believe it was $80k plus. 

19 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Alex announced tonight (April 22) that the average daily earnings by Ken Jennings was $ 34, 000.  And that James daily earnings  exceeds $71,000.

Note:  James exceeded his daily average earning on Monday ( April 22).   I forget the exact amount. But I believe it was $80k plus. 

90 grand

Archived