Have you been watching Jeopardy ?

milehiiu

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

No clue why people would leak or even discuss the leak when 98% of the country doesn't see the show until 7pm or 730 during the evening. Unreal. 

Consider the sources that leaked.  I think that tells you all you need to know.

Just saying poor form guys. Leave it to an idiot like Darren Rovell to try and be the first at Noon today. Was kind of hoping it's common knowledge not to bring it here or anywhere on social media..... Lasted 30+ days without knowing how the show ended. Just didn't think I would see it here. Oh well. 

After watching the show on Monday. i have got to say.  Changing my opinion on the lady who beat Jeopardy James.  She deserved the win. Kind of  beat James at his very own game.  AND, I will be watching on Tuesday, to see if it was a fluke... or if she is the real deal.

11 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Though I know the outcome. I will be watching Monday night.  And not rooting for her on Tuesday. It's kind of like... pity the fool(s) who had to follow Knight at IU.   Congrats to her.  But talk about spoiling a good thing for me. I'm blaming this on Pat McAfee. LOL

At least McAfee is entertaining. Not sure how, but I bet Mike Vanderjagt is at fault. Idiot kicker.

13 hours ago, milehiiu said:

After watching the show on Monday. i have got to say.  Changing my opinion on the lady who beat Jeopardy James.  She deserved the win. Kind of  beat James at his very own game.  AND, I will be watching on Tuesday, to see if it was a fluke... or if she is the real deal.

She's a Princeton grad and librarian at the University of Chicago. She's the real deal. Wish her well.

2 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

She's a Princeton grad and librarian at the University of Chicago. She's the real deal. Wish her well.

And the guy that finished 3rd was a smart cookie as well.  IIRC only one question was missed?

33 minutes ago, rico said:

And the guy that finished 3rd was a smart cookie as well.  IIRC only one question was missed?

"He rarely missed, including Monday, when he went 25-for-25 on answers. He finished with 1,186 correct answers and only 36 incorrect."

That is freaking amazing.

2 hours ago, Officer Obie said:

Wonder if they were looking for their smarter contestants to try and knock this guy off?

Has to suck to lose when you don't even miss a question!

Interesting article on the rationale for his low wager on his last bet- https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jeopardy-james-holzhauer-wager-loss

After being disappointed about James' loss ( though I expected it, but not before he amassed the all time winnings record). And learning about the lady who beat James. I must confess that I am looking forward to Tuesday's show.  Can she unseat James?  As they used to say : "Stay tuned."

31 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

After being disappointed about James' loss ( though I expected it, but not before he amassed the all time winnings record). And learning about the lady who beat James. I must confess that I am looking forward to Tuesday's show.  Can she unseat James?  As they used to say : "Stay tuned."

I am curious as well at to what kind of "run" she might go on.

5 hours ago, Officer Obie said:

"He rarely missed, including Monday, when he went 25-for-25 on answers. He finished with 1,186 correct answers and only 36 incorrect."

That is freaking amazing.

1186/1222......sounds like Bohannon's shooting percentage against IU. 

10 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I hope it is a good one.  Thoroughly enjoyed James' run.... though it ended too soon for me.

Just think...back in the day you could only be a "5 day" champ.  That was the show's rules then.

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Their ratings were dropping...so they spiced it up.

And with winners like James and Ken Jennings, and hopefully their new gal champ, advertising revenues should help to pay for champs who win millions.

One thing I know, as I have already stated.  I will be watching on Tuesday night.  To see how the gal who unseated James, does .  And to cheer her on. 

15 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Quite un James like ending.  She had a run away.  Did not bet anything. At the end.  And missed the final jeopardy question.

The gal that beat Jennings got beat the very next game.  Trebek said so at the beginning of the game tonight.

Archived