Have you been watching Jeopardy ?

milehiiu

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Guy from Ft. Wayne will be on the show tonight. Local press giving him his props...of course with no hint of how he fared.

We'll see if a "native son" can do any better than the opponents who have had no chance by the first commercial break.

Thanks for heads up. Becoming appointment tv again. Have to stay off social media for an hour because certain markets show Jeopardy first followed by Wheel of Fortune and vice versa. It's going to take a major mistake by him late during DJ for him to lose. Maybe where he risks a ton late in game and answers wrong and doesn't have time to catch up but I've noticed he goes all in early but as he hits daily doubles later he just pads lead never risks at all. Everyone is beatable but I'm trying to figure out a scenario where and how he gets beat. I mean he's routinely answering 40-45 per game correctly and only missing 3-4. 

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Guy from Ft. Wayne will be on the show tonight. Local press giving him his props...of course with no hint of how he fared.

We'll see if a "native son" can do any better than the opponents who have had no chance by the first commercial break.

I will have "Famous Forts" for a thousand Alex.

11 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Thought he did pretty well! I think he had the highest score vs James yet.

31 minutes ago, mjeze106 said:

James was given a run for his money on Monday. Squeaking out a victory during final jeopardy

Little close for my liking. Hopefully that guy who lost by $18 gets an invite back. I remember Jeopardy doing that with other victims of long time winners. 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

That guy really was the biggest loser. Highest score to not win. That would be my luck

I was curious if he was highest scorer not to win. Thanks for confirming. To me I think it would be a cool tourney if they brought 10-15 of the best ever not to win because of guys like James or Jennings....and have them play in a tourney. 

6 hours ago, mjeze106 said:

James was given a run for his money on Monday. Squeaking out a victory during final jeopardy

Yes. The biggest challenge to date.  Initial problem at the start of Monday's show.  James hit the double jeopardy, the first pick. And got it wrong. Went down by the max of $1,000.  Then I thought to myself.... better that than getting it wrong, later in the first round, by going all in.

Can't wait to see what happens tonight  (April 30 ). 

Didn't realize they did as many but professor from Ball St who was on the show said (article on WTHR) that Jeopardy tapes as many as 5 shows per day. They allow time to change clothes, quick break and that's it. Makes it even more remarkable what James is doing.

53 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Didn't realize they did as many but professor from Ball St who was on the show said (article on WTHR) that Jeopardy tapes as many as 5 shows per day. They allow time to change clothes, quick break and that's it. Makes it even more remarkable what James is doing.

Same thing as when Gene Rayburn hosted the second rendition of the "Match Game", back in the 1970's ( can be seen on the Game Show Network).  Gene lived in Massachusetts, but would fly out to California to tape the shows.  They would tape 12 shows in one weekend. And Gene would fly back to Mass. Till the next taping session.

The celebs would change clothes between each taping.  And drink,  in between the taping sessions.  By the time they got to the end of taping .... things got kind of funny.  For instance, the time the contestant's answer was Boobs.... and when Gene got to Fanny Flagg.... he said: "We're looking for a pair of boobs.... Fanny show us yours ! "  LOL.

Match Game Boob Blunder - YouTube

On 4/24/2019 at 7:05 PM, Leathernecks said:

He's a U of I alum, and from Naperville Illinois.

I actually read today that in high school he competed at the WYSE challenge that the U of I puts on.  I take a group of my high schoolers to it each year.  He got 1st in Physics and 2nd in Math.  I want to know who got 1st in math!

He's from my hometown. A lot of local buzz about him. 

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jeopardy-james-holzhauer-mlb-dreams

I put this in the baseball thread as well. I hope that for IUScott's sake that the team who reached out to him is not the Reds

I missed the talk about James interest in MLB.  I have a great and long time friend. Knew him just after his pro football career ended  Greg went from working in the NFL to working for Coca Cola, and eventually was hired by the Colorado Rockies.  Greg, now is in his 2nd decade with the Rockies.  He is a busy man now.  But I will attempt to reach out to him about James. Just because I like the both of them

Executive Bio: Gregory D. Feasel | Colorado Rockies 

Thanks Stuebby for the link !

Archived