Mr. Smith (or should I say Mr. Ball?)

I haven’t read all these post yet but in my opinion. I think The game at this level was to fast for Damezi! This year hopefully it will slow down for him! Then we will see who he really is. On Fritz, why he lost his confidence, that’s a hard one. Maybe the size of the crowds or the amount of noise surprised him who knows. Green I think Green is Just who he is, real hot or real cold. Green was the same under Crean! RP was looking great until his concussion! I thought he was looking much better at the end. Justin had every opportunity to show us something and put his claim on the team. For the most part he failed. DeRon can’t play for long periods of time. He seems to wear down fast. I believe Archie did a good job with this bunch. It really comes down to making shots! We had open looks and missed them! That’s all a coach can do! We need to found a shooter an Durham an RP need to improve. Green will be just like every year Hot an Cold! 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

I said it once and got flack but I will say it again. Smith needs to go, regardless if it's actually not him saying it. I'm sorry for Justin as his father is putting him in a very difficult situation but this can't continue. It should NEVER happen. If the father doesn't get with the program - and that's any highly rated D1 program - and is vocal about it and putting the program in bad light, then his son needs to go...regardless of who is saying it. This has been a theme now with Edward Smith for 5 months...unacceptable. 

I couldn’t agree more and it should be the AD calling him and telling him “you’re disrespecting our university.”

1 hour ago, JWoolsey said:

We weren't some punk team and he's not some punk coach. I don't want him fired or anything like that I just don't have an ounce of respect for the offense and the way he wants to play it. He's 2-12 vs teams ranked in the top 10. We're definitely going to be good enough to get our fair share but I find it ironic that crean supposedly can't coach and archie can meanwhile Crean was 42-44 or something vs Level A teams. Archie wasn't playing the MSU or Duke type teams either it was the Rhode Islands, St Bonn, St Joe, Colorado, and similar teams yet Crean handled it and Archie didn't......Archie was poor in the conf tournament as well. So, let's maybe pump the breaks here and place a little accountability where it's deserved.

Ironically enough I think he's a much better coach than I ever realized. Picture an all-star hitter who's been cold forever. He just needs his swing adjusted. I'm sure most will still disagree with me but the swing I see is OFF in a big way. This isn't the A-10 where there's quite a few bogus teams. Every game here is an A or B game.

I know you don't want him fired now and neither do I. I think Archie has his work cut out for him though and I have been critical of him at times this season. So I wouldn't take my counter thoughts as it's all sunshine/roses for Archie from my point of view.

From all your posts, I actually do see your point of view on concerns with the offense. I'm just not sure I buy your second point that the sometimes stagnant offense/bad shot selection only bites us against the highest quality opponents and not so much on the lower level guys. We lost to both IPFW and Evansville only last year. I think we're equally suspect across the board in the W/L column so far regardless of competition level.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You know what was funny. We moved the daddy Smith stuff here because it was derailing a thread....and now this thread got derailed with Archie's offense etc....gotta love HSN!

Haha yea I am partly to blame. I enjoyed the back and forth too much to not chime in, but I've said my piece on that subject so I'll stop now. 

31 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Just a thoughtful reminder, people.  Players and their families do read our great board.  Plse keep that in mind, when posting about a player that is on our roster.

I was told by many that players or recruits and their family did not pay attention to fans and what they had say LOL!

6 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

man, personally i don't think so.  sure we had a lot of different guys out here and there, but doesn't everyone?  our top 8 guys all played 28 or more games and Green is the one at 28 and that's due to suspension not injury.  we had 5 guys start 29 or more games.  i guess Thompson and Hunter would be the ones who missed significant time and a case can be made that Hunter would have made a big difference, but when we were healthy and on the floor we just looked like we had no chemistry.  seemed like they were reluctant to let Juwan and Romeo be the men at times.  

My comment was more tongue in cheek....

56 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I was told by many that players or recruits and their family did not pay attention to fans and what they had say LOL!

Personally,  I dont mind these threads at all.  If players/parents come to a forum searching, then thats on them.  I  have a huge problem with fans posting on players personal social media.  There is a big difference in my opinion!  I also dont agree with the "they are just kids" group.. technically they are adults. Old enough to smoke, vote, and pick up a gun to defend their country. But not old enough to get some criticism on a forum...  seems a$$ backwards if you ask me

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

You know what was funny. We moved the daddy Smith stuff here because it was derailing a thread....and now this thread got derailed with Archie's offense etc....gotta love HSN!

You're right. Let's get thing back on track. What was it that Brunk's mom put on Facebook?

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Just a thoughtful reminder, people.  Players and their families do read our great board.  Plse keep that in mind, when posting about a player that is on our roster.

Fans read twitter. Dads should keep in mind when posting....for their kids sake.

(Not disagreeing mile, just saying this is a two way street. I agree with your thought)

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

Found a new GIF for HSN.

tenor.gif

Looks like the 2019 Boilermakers...oh we’ve modernized our offense....we are going to the Final Four!!!!! Basketball gods....”Slow your role”.

Or better yet...it’s Chinese gif for Boiler down!! No matter what language Purdue still brings the same thing to mind.

Archived