What movies do you never get tired of watching over and again ?

milehiiu

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Caddyshack

Animal House

Saving Private Ryan

Just noticed.  Are you being punished and have to have harms as your avatar?   I'd change teams if he was on my squad.  I wish he'd transfer out west so I would never have to see him again.  May be a nice kid but just can't stand the way he acts.  Oh please Deron stay healthy all year and be in shape and shut him up.  

My list starts with Shawshank.  I've got it on DVD and yet, every time I find it on satellite, I stop and watch it.

Beyond that, two of my most quoted movies are Airplane! and Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail.

My generation's version of The Graduate was The Breakfast Club.

...and it's not Christmas without A Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation...two more often-quoted classics.

4 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

My list starts with Shawshank.  I've got it on DVD and yet, every time I find it on satellite, I stop and watch it.

Beyond that, two of my most quoted movies are Airplane! and Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail.

My generation's version of The Graduate was The Breakfast Club.

...and it's not Christmas without A Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation...two more often-quoted classics.

One of my most favorite quotes of all time from Airplane ! :  "I am being serious, and don't call me Shirley."

Don't call me Shirley - YouTube

9 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Just noticed.  Are you being punished and have to have harms as your avatar?   I'd change teams if he was on my squad.  I wish he'd transfer out west so I would never have to see him again.  May be a nice kid but just can't stand the way he acts.  Oh please Deron stay healthy all year and be in shape and shut him up.  

No punishment just a fan of his and how he plays. Wouldn’t be able to stand him if he played for my rival though. He’s in the Kramer/Sheehey category. 

10 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

No punishment just a fan of his and how he plays. Wouldn’t be able to stand him if he played for my rival though. He’s in the Kramer/Sheehey category. 

I didn't like Kramer but would love him on my team.  You need guys that at least appear that they like to fight.  Harms doesn't really want a piece of Mickey Mouse.  Total fruad tough guy.  I hope to see him in tears the next few years.  I love Hummel and we really need a new Purdue in tears meme and show Robbie the respect he deserves.  

3 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Hallelujah! Holy $&#@! Where's the Tylenol?

If I woke up with my hair stapled to the carpet, i wouldn't be more surprised than i am right now.

You couldn't hear a dump truck driving through a nitroglycerin factory.

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Few others I enjoy because of historical significance. I know opinions on Costner vary greatly but I do enjoy JFK, Thirteen Days, and Untouchables as well. 

Historical?  "The Great Escape".........I love it.

I agree about Monty python's holy Grail. I also like up in smoke and Animal house from that Era also.   I can always watch them.

Some other movies from the early- mid 70's was the choirboys and the Groove Tube.  Groove Tube was the predecessor to Kentucky Fried movie.   Choirboys was one of Randy Quaid's earlier movies.   Can't find them anymore but haven't searched you tube. I was able to find Los Enchiladas on You tube but not great quality so maybe I should have a look. Not sure I can watch them over and over but would like to check them out againd.

One of my favorite sports movies is Eight Men Out about the black sox. 

I like Aliens a lot. I can always watch it. The 2nd one in the group. Bill Paxton was always good for lines just like in Weird Science.;

55 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

I agree about Monty python's holy Grail. I also like up in smoke and Animal house from that Era also.   I can always watch them.

Ah, "Animal House"....when the Nazi's bombed Pearl Harbor.

9 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

I always get sucked into watching these,even though I have seen them many times..Tombstone, Shawshank, The Fugitive, Full Metal Jacket, Hoosiers, Varsity Blues, Blazing Saddles, US Marshalls 

What?  No Silverado?  Geez.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

After 6 miles on the treadmill this evening I'm getting ready to settle in with a pint of mint chocolate chip and The Sting. A movie I never tire of as well. 

My advice is to get back on the treadmill.

On 5/7/2019 at 8:01 PM, HoosierJax said:

I always get sucked into watching these,even though I have seen them many times..Tombstone, Shawshank, The Fugitive, Full Metal Jacket, Hoosiers, Varsity Blues, Blazing Saddles, US Marshalls 

Oh yeh. forgot about Blazing Saddles. Another great masterpiece comedy for that 70's era. 

Archived