Ever eaten at In-N-Out ?

milehiiu

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

And then.... there is the store and who is working there at the time that you attend it.  Not doubting you in the least.  Was it at the Linq prominade?  Same store I posted a link above with Eric ?  He seemed to have enjoyed his.   I have been to White Castles that have been subpar.... and other's that have been superior.   And then again some people just don't get White Castle. And I get that as well.  For me.... there is much on the Culver's menu that I love.  But for a hamburger.... I would rather go across the street (where I live) for a McDonald's .  Or down the street, for a Smashburger.

Welcome To Smashburger 

Yeah it was at that promenade, and it was good.  I'm sure it was as good as any other burger they've ever made, but it just didn't live up to the hype.  It  just wasn't something I'd go out of my way to get is all. 

The fries aren't good, though.  Give me Penn Station or Five Guys any day over theirs.

The best burger though is the Mickey at Schoop's.  Miner Dunn for a close second.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

Yeah it was at that promenade, and it was good.  I'm sure it was as good as any other burger they've ever made, but it just didn't live up to the hype.  It  just wasn't something I'd go out of my way to get is all. 

The fries aren't good, though.  Give me Penn Station or Five Guys any day over theirs.

The best burger though is the Mickey at Schoop's.  Miner Dunn for a close second.

Yep. Schopp's and Miner Dunn.  Waking up the memories for me.  Oh yeah.

On 4/26/2019 at 5:54 PM, Drroogh said:

Okay, Okay, I will try and get the family to at least stop and let me try next time I'm out there! Jeez!

However, in honor of the Strange Food with Recipes thread, I found this copycat Double Double Animal Style recipe! Looks interesting, might have to try it with the best ever Omaha burgers! 😄

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/in-n-out-double-double-animal-style-497068?ic1=suggestedAsset|in-n-out

So tried the Animal style, have to say paired with buffalo style cauliflower and blue cheese dipping sauce was one of the better meals I’ve made!! Will definitely have to try In-N-Out animal style the next time I get a chance!

F9AAC70F-457B-4096-9AEB-2F154C8BA3AC.jpeg

Had a great burger today,  at a new JOINT, called Zig Zag burger ( get it joint ? LOL) . Met with the son of the owner, who runs the JOINT.... and though he is a really nice young , I get how he came up with the name.  Big fat burger. And they will customize any way you want. Plus, they have an attached restaurant under the same roof, with a different entrance that serves up meatballs of many types and varieties.  Unique.

Zig Zag Smokin' Burgers and Meatball Eatery 

Zig Zag

6 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Mile, why are you eating at elite restaurants when you have an In-N-Out,

In-N-Out has not come to Colorado, yet.  They are completing the distribution center in Colorado Springs.  And the first store opens up in Colorado Springs next year.  Have yet to hear when the first store will hit Denver.

In the meantime... I have Zig Zag Smokin Burgers close to my home and this gem....

About – Juicy Burgers & Dogs

Just now, milehiiu said:

In-N-Out has not come to Colorado, yet.  They are completing the distribution center in Colorado Springs.  And the first store opens up in Colorado Springs next year.  Have yet to hear when the first store will hit Denver.

In the meantime... I have Zig Zag Smokin Burgers close to my home and this gem....

About – Juicy Burgers & Dogs

And I got Penguin Point.....

5 minutes ago, rico said:

And I got Penguin Point.....

Yes you do.  And I am jealous. 

As a teenager, we would drive from Gary to Ohio, where my sister lived and does to this day.  We traveled U.S 30 and made it a point to stop at PP.  At times getting there before they opened.  Having to wait for the doors to open.  Great place. And great memories. 

4 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

All this burger talk reminds of places I grew up with. For me it was the White steamer and Masons root beer stand in Washington,indiana.  And a short trip to Bomacs in Shoals.  The best burgers I've ever had. 

Funny that I know about White Steamer.... though I have never been there..... and have been to Washington, Indiana.... only once in my lifetime.   Reason, I know about White Steamer, is because I followed the recruitment of Cody Zeller, very, very closely.  And I recall, the Zeller's talking about White Zeller.... and how much Cody loved going there.

9 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Keep loving it, unless you are willing to cook copycats like me, it’s what you have, enjoy! But you really should have Julie or you cook up some animal style, it’s that good!

I will mention it to her, she likes that copycat stuff.

6 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

All this burger talk reminds of places I grew up with. For me it was the White steamer and Masons root beer stand in Washington,indiana.  And a short trip to Bomacs in Shoals.  The best burgers I've ever had. 

When I was growing up, Martinsville had either Charlie's Drive In (decent burger, and it didn't hurt that my best friend's sister was married to Charlie's son) or Frisch's Big Boy (I still occasionally crave tarter sauce on a cheeseburger). Charlie's is still there.

Travelling around a little, if you're ever in these places,  try them out...

The Melt in Leesburg, Va...best burger I've ever had

Bristol Tap in Bristol, Il (don't blink, you'll miss it...and bring cash) 2nd best I've ever had 

The Feve in Oberlin,  Oh

Pete's Burgers in Porter, Tx

And I attribute my clean bill of digestive tract health to my affinity for White Castle double cheeseburgers 😁

On 4/28/2019 at 9:54 PM, milehiiu said:

Had a great burger today,  at a new JOINT, called Zig Zag burger ( get it joint ? LOL) . Met with the son of the owner, who runs the JOINT.... and though he is a really nice young , I get how he came up with the name.  Big fat burger. And they will customize any way you want. Plus, they have an attached restaurant under the same roof, with a different entrance that serves up meatballs of many types and varieties.  Unique.

Zig Zag Smokin' Burgers and Meatball Eatery 

Zig Zag

Nothing like hearing the words "Zig Zag" and "joint" to make you crave a burger. :coffee:

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Whataburger has a new owner. Talks of future expansion. We used to have Whataburgers in Colorado. However they closed them all several years back.Hoping for a return.

New owners of popular burger chain Whataburger plan to expand

It's been my experience that once investment firms step in the product and service usually slide. Everything is based on ROI. Hope it doesn't happen. On a far more reduced scale Scotty's Brewhouse here in the area used to be very good years ago. Expanded in Indiana, Illinois, and Florida I believe. Due North purchased it a few years ago with headlines planning to expand,etc.....and now here we are 3 years later with each one closing by the week it seems like. Not sure if any are still open.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

It's been my experience that once investment firms step in the product and service usually slide. Everything is based on ROI. Hope it doesn't happen. On a far more reduced scale Scotty's Brewhouse here in the area used to be very good years ago. Expanded in Indiana, Illinois, and Florida I believe. Due North purchased it a few years ago with headlines planning to expand,etc.....and now here we are 3 years later with each one closing by the week it seems like. Not sure if any are still open.

You are not the only one concerned about things sliding :

Whataburger buyout should not be surprising 

One hope.  The original owners are remaining as minority stock holders.

We have a 5 guys, Smashburger, McDonalds, Culvers, Freddies Steakburger , Red Robin (unlimited fries)  and Good Times, all within a mile of my house.  I am truly blessed.  However, still looking forward to next year, when In and Out comes to Colorado. And hoping that Whataburger  returns as well. 

In the 7 years I've lived in Texas, I've learned four things you can't tell a Native Texan...

1. A pickup truck stamped with a "Texas Edition" badge (and every make has them...Even Toyota) is no better than any other truck

2. There are grocery stores better than HEB

3. Making something in the shape of the state (and I've seen cheese, burgers, waffles, and swimming pools) does not make it better

4. AND there are better fast food places than Whataburger.

You know, I'm ultra-proud to be a Hoosier, but these people take it to fanaticism

Archived