J.Hunter

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, GoshenFan84 said:

I believe Jerome Hunter was the first player other than Juwan and Romeo to win the coveted gold Jersey. 

He was. He was coming out of the gates looking really good.

Regardless how good, he would've made us better, and more versatile, offensively.

He's missed a season, we don't know how well he'll come back, but this isn't an MCL or similar type injury in any way, it's an underlying health issue.

If he is healthy again, and stays so, imo, there's every reason to expect him to at least contribute on a high level next season. He is a very talented all around player and a shooter, he was right there to being a major factor / player. He has the full summer and is putting in the work. 

I am looking forward to seeing him come back strong, I'm a believer in what he's capable of.

• 1 month later...

I really hope Hunter can come back healthy, for his sake first and foremost. It was be terrible to go through this. 

On the fan/basketball side, I can’t believe there hasn’t been a wing grad transfer out there wanting to take available minutes and be Hunter insurance. Yes, I know about the recent news that grad transfers are hard at IU, but it didn’t seem to stop Gordon, Zeisloft, Beilfeldt or Fitzner. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I really hope Hunter can come back healthy, for his sake first and foremost. It was be terrible to go through this. 

On the fan/basketball side, I can’t believe there hasn’t been a wing grad transfer out there wanting to take available minutes and be Hunter insurance. Yes, I know about the recent news that grad transfers are hard at IU, but it didn’t seem to stop Gordon, Zeisloft, Beilfeldt or Fitzner. 

In looking at our scholarship situation, damn it would be nice to find a grad transfer and a standard transfer with 2 years left.  That would still leave us with 3 for 2020, and the classes would remain balanced.

On 4/19/2019 at 4:27 PM, FKIM01 said:

"...for the best fans in the country."

Hear that, Sarita?  I hope someone you love enjoys playing for a bunch of toothless hilljacks on his way to the NBA!  😂😂😂

Caths.jpg.7645ea38df1e5875326c490fcc87c8d1.jpg

If a couple from Kentucky get divorced, are they still brother and sister?

10 hours ago, BGleas said:

I am pretty sure after watching one of the episodes of Assembly call that the thing about grad transfers being hard to get into IU is not that accurate.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I am pretty sure after watching one of the episodes of Assembly call that the thing about grad transfers being hard to get into IU is not that accurate.

Yeah, I don’t see how it is. I might have the years off, but I think IU has brought in a grad transfer in 4 of the last 6 offseasons. 

I will say, after reading Archie’s full comments on Hunter last night, they don’t seem remotely as bad or worrisome as that one tweet made it seem. 

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, I don’t see how it is. I might have the years off, but I think IU has brought in a grad transfer in 4 of the last 6 offseasons. 

I will say, after reading Archie’s full comments on Hunter last night, they don’t seem remotely as bad or worrisome as that one tweet made it seem. 

To me if they thought that he wouldn't be able to play next year you would have seen them be way more aggressive bring in someone else at that position.

2 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

So, I watched the presser, and I did not hear the words "whether he will be available this season".  Nor did I hear anything close to it.  This was irresponsible journalism.  Shame on Mike Miller.

Agree all day. When I read the tweet last night I thought oh great....here we go again. When I actually listened to Archie it was nowhere near this. Pretty poor work indeed.

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

He’s on schedule to return.  Actually he’s way ahead of schedule. Still a chance the doctors don’t clear him but he’s heading in the right direction.  No reason to believe he won’t play at this point.

I would assume the coaches have been told that so that is why we did not see them go out and get another wing player.

12 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

He’s on schedule to return.  Actually he’s way ahead of schedule. Still a chance the doctors don’t clear him but he’s heading in the right direction.  No reason to believe he won’t play at this point.

I don't know how or where you have gotten your IU "intel", over the years.  Nor do I care.  Just want to say, whenever you do share with us.  It is always appreciated.  Don't ever leave us !

21 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

You must know more than Archie cause I sure did not hear him say anything of the sort unless he was totally misquoted. 

2 hours ago, Muddy River said:

So, I watched the presser, and I did not hear the words "whether he will be available this season".  Nor did I hear anything close to it.  This was irresponsible journalism.  Shame on Mike Miller.

He is quoting what Archie said so how is that bad journalism?

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

To me if they thought that he wouldn't be able to play next year you would have seen them be way more aggressive bring in someone else at that position.

It all depend on is there was really anyone left at that position we had a shot with who could play right away.  We did not after several guards this spring and lost out. We are not really going to know anything until August either way imo. 

Archived