J.Hunter

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fans saying stupid things on Twitter is one of the worst things that's happened to college BB.  I follow media types on Twitter but don't see what fans say or tweet myself.  

Message boards are better because they are essentially "self-regulated."  If someone goes off the rails, other members can reign the person in and you can see that the prevailing wisdom is normally sane.

On Twitter, lunatics go unchecked and dumb hot takes make too strong of an imprint.

4 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Fans saying stupid things on Twitter is one of the worst things that's happened to college BB.  I follow media types on Twitter but don't see what fans say or tweet myself.  

Message boards are better because they are essentially "self-regulated."  If someone goes off the rails, other members can reign the person in and you can see that the prevailing wisdom is normally sane.

On Twitter, lunatics go unchecked and dumb hot takes make too strong of an imprint.

Tom it was a lot easier and it was more fun being a sports fane 25 years ago because you did not have all stupid people with all of these outlets.

6 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Looked up the actual tweet....the guy is from W. Lafayette to begin with, so draw your own conclusions. Even though this post shows a bunch of likes and retweets, most of what I read was calling the guy out. 

IMO the guy is a troll.

Well, I guess that eliminates Gleas' reading theory.....:coffee:

8 hours ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

Same.  Thinking this team could be sneaky good, especially if they can hit open threes.  Like the pieces more so than last year.

We lost RL and JMO. We didn't replace them. Big leaps have to be made by a lot of guys to better last season.

7 hours ago, Indykev said:

We lost RL and JMO. We didn't replace them. Big leaps have to be made by a lot of guys to better last season.

True. 

The case can be made, however, that Davis, Brunk and TJD will be a better front court with more size on D and Jerome can replace Romeo's scoring with a better 3pt %.  Add in growth from Rob, Al, Devonte and others, along with some improved chemistry, and this team could be quite a bit better. 

Time will tell. 

17 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Tom it was a lot easier and it was more fun being a sports fane 25 years ago because you did not have all stupid people with all of these outlets.

Plus we were used to going to a Final 4 every 5 years for a couple decades. Haha

8 hours ago, Indykev said:

TJD is a burger boy. Smith for all the grief he gets put up stats similar to Morgan his sophomore year. We have players about to take the “sophomore leap”. Schedule is friendly. 20+ wins and a NCAA tournament bid is the expectation. 

41 minutes ago, Feathery said:

TJD is a burger boy. Smith for all the grief he gets put up stats similar to Morgan his sophomore year. We have players about to take the “sophomore leap”. Schedule is friendly. 20+ wins and a NCAA tournament bid is the expectation. 

I’ve said this a few times, but TJD might be IU’s most underhyped McDonald’s All-American ever. 

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I’ve said this a few times, but TJD might be IU’s most underhyped McDonald’s All-American ever. 

Agree all day. He's everything we want in a kid (in state, 5 star burger boy, by all accounts great person) and for some reason we forget how good he is on the court. I know we lose RL/JM but I'm coming around a bit. TJD offsets RL. Now we just have to hope Jerome and others improvement offset Morgan. I think we can. 

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

From what little I have seen, I doubt it's the case, but it would be nice if TJD had a little bit of his dad's game in him.  I got a feeling that will be handled by Davis tho. 💪💪

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

True. 

The case can be made, however, that Davis, Brunk and TJD will be a better front court with more size on D and Jerome can replace Romeo's scoring with a better 3pt %.  Add in growth from Rob, Al, Devonte and others, along with some improved chemistry, and this team could be quite a bit better. 

Time will tell. 

Is the culprit for the chemistry issues is gone?

4 hours ago, Reacher said:

True. 

Time will tell. 

This is at least possible —

also, and I think significantly, if the team stays healthy that could make a world of difference.

think it’s important to keep in mind we had key players banged up, out on concussion protocol, etc. for most of the season.

and again, chemistry 

13 hours ago, Indykev said:

True we won’t have Morgan but a healthy Race Thompson, an incoming Jackson-Davis, an experienced big in Brunk, a healthy Deron and if Smith can be a little more consistent, that should be able to pick up the slack imo and provide a much better interior presence and overall balance.  I also think the 3 ball will be much better this year.  Phinisee and Anderson making gains after their first year, Durham continuing to improve, Franklin who should be solid if not spectacular his first season (everyone raves about his bball iq) and Green playing the best ball of his career the last 7-8 games of the season to build off of.  Add the possibility of Hunter being healthy and ready to go..  I was never completely sold on last years team but i think the pieces fit much better this year imo.

5 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

True we won’t have Morgan but a healthy Race Thompson, an incoming Jackson-Davis, an experienced big in Brunk, a healthy Deron and if Smith can be a little more consistent, that should be able to pick up the slack imo and provide a much better interior presence and overall balance.  I also think the 3 ball will be much better this year.  Phinisee and Anderson making gains after their first year, Durham continuing to improve, Franklin who should be solid if not spectacular his first season (everyone raves about his bball iq) and Green playing the best ball of his career the last 7-8 games of the season to build off of.  Add the possibility of Hunter being healthy and ready to go..  I was never completely sold on last years team but i think the pieces fit much better this year imo.

The 3-point shooting is strangely a case of addition by subtraction.  As good as Romeo and Juwan were for IU, they were among the worst 3-point shooters on the team.

58 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

One of the best video's in terms of quality of picture, position and sound on the internet.  From our great friend TDH.

Listen to what Coach stated :

Archie Miller at Huber's Winery 

Thanks for sharing.  I am getting better at the video stuff but still have some kinks to work out.  Now if I can only figure out how to more quickly upload all of the other videos I took at Huber's...

Archived