OT : Happy Easter Hoosier Sports Nation !

As we head into the weekend I wanted to wish a Happy Easter to our members.

And ask, if you care to share.... any  plans for the weekend ? Special or not.  Trip to Grandma's or somewhere else ?  Those with kids,any Easter egg hunts planned ?  And what's for dinner on Sunday ?

I'll share what the mile household has been doing for nearly 40 years now.  A tradition. We have dinner at special friend's house every Easter. And they come to ours for Thanksgivng.

Also please keep our founder in your thoughts this Holy Weekend.  Colonial Crester has recently gone through some very difficult times. Without CC, there would not be a Hoosier Sports Nation.

31 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

As we head into the weekend I wanted to wish a Happy Easter to our members.

And ask, if you care to share.... any  plans for the weekend ? Special or not.  Trip to Grandma's or somewhere else ?  Those with kids,any Easter egg hunts planned ?  And what's for dinner on Sunday ?

I'll share what the mile household has been doing for nearly 40 years not.  A tradition. We have dinner at special friend's house every Easter. And they come to ours for Thanksgivng.

Also please keep our founder in your thoughts this Holy Weekend.  Colonial Crester has recently gone through some very difficult times. Without CC, there would not be a Hoosier Sports Nation.

Thank you for everything and lifting CC up in prayer 

Thanks for thinking of me Mile.  So people know, I am not ill and I do have a great job...3 weeks ago my father in law passed away and last week my father died. Something that we all face but we weren't planning on both passing at the same time....started a new job in the middle week. I appreciate the thoughts and suggest everyone give their Dad a hug.

19 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

Thanks for thinking of me Mile.  So people know, I am not I'll and I do have a great job...3 weeks ago my father in law passed away and last week my father died. Something that we all face but we weren't planning on both passing at the same time....started a new job in the middle week. I appreciate the thoughts and suggest everyone give their Dad a hug.

Lost my father 29 years ago last month.

15 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

While Easter baskets and egg hunts are nice let's remember what Easter is really all about, just like at Christmas time!

Prayers for you CC. I'd love to give my Dad a hug, but sadly I can't.....

My wife made a shirt for Ayden to wear to school for Easter that read. My basket is full of eggs and my heart is full of Jesus 

3 hours ago, Colonialcrester said:

Thanks for thinking of me Mile.  So people know, I am not ill and I do have a great job...3 weeks ago my father in law passed away and last week my father died. Something that we all face but we weren't planning on both passing at the same time....started a new job in the middle week. I appreciate the thoughts and suggest everyone give their Dad a hug.

Prayers Crester.  Lost my father way too young.  Best man I ever knew.

5 hours ago, Colonialcrester said:

My prayers go up to you and your family through these trying times.  My mother had a similar situation when she had two sisters die on the same day and having to go through two viewings and funerals in a 3 day period was very trying.

12 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Prayers Crester.

Hope you were able to tell your pops and father in law that you loved them before they passed.

Hope you took the best of them as part of you.

Yes, I spent the last 2 weeks with my parents, left the day before he died.😒 Glad I did I spent the time. My father in law I told a while back...he had Alzheimer's and was mentally gone s long time ago.

Prayers to you and your family CC.  Lost my father 31 yrs ago my mother 12 yrs ago and I still find myself occasionally thinking I should  pick up the phone and talk to them to this day.  They never leave us.  Our solace lie in knowing their in a better place and still watching over us.

2 hours ago, FWIUFan said:

Prayers to you and your family CC.  Lost my father 31 yrs ago my mother 12 yrs ago and I still find myself occasionally thinking I should  pick up the phone and talk to them to this day.  They never leave us.  Our solace lie in knowing their in a better place and still watching over us.

Happy Easter to all believers!

Sixteen years ago my dad entered hospice on Palm Sunday and died on Pentecost.  He was a farm boy who grew up on the banks of the Wabash River just outside the town of Wabash. Graduate of IU in 1928.  I and one of my brothers were with him when he passed.  What a gift and blessing that was!  We had the organist at his church play Back Home Again In Indiana at his funeral.  Always think of him at Easter...and my mom.  She grew up in New Albany by way of Corydon and Laconia in southern Indiana.  Both of them were saints to me.

Thoughts and prayers to Colonial.  Lost two brothers-in-law the week before Christmas three years ago.  I can definitely relate.

61.jpg?w=420&h=236

Locally, it was expected to rain as the gates opened at 4:30 a.m. for the annual Easter Sunday Service.  At Red Rocks, just West of Denver.  The rains held off. 

Kind of symbolic of the day. Red Rocks faces East overlooking the plains. Service starts in the dark.  And as the service continues..... the Sun rises in the East. It was especially breathtaking this morning. 

Over 11K estimated attended today's service.

Archived