Matthew Hurt Commits to Duke

58 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Can't speak on Tom other than Race Thompson....but if we don't have Schilling we don't get Romeo, TJD, Rob P,  Jerome Hunter or even Franklin. Recruiting isn't our problem. Meshing guys from 2 different coaches is. 

I agree to an extent, i think there were some outside disruptions from people close to the team or players....next year the meshing excuse goes out the window...if im Archie I really start to crank down on my position of leadership within this program...Knight like.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

This is what I was hearing on Friday when I posted in another thread. All makes sense to me. Bill has accomplished everything he could do at Kansas and obviously the heat is getting ready to go on broil mode for him. Seems like a good time to move. 

I couldn’t agree more and with being former coach of Illinois and having those Midwest roots it’s a good spot for him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Quick update. Hurt shut down and cancelled his scheduled Kentucky and Kansas visits. Sounds like Duke is a lock now. PS...here's a photo the house that Zion's family lived in this past season.

D4KDWRlWkAE6yc5.jpg

Listed owner of the property: "M. Sheshefsky Real Estate Holdings, LLC"

Why does that sound familiar.....

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Quick update. Hurt shut down and cancelled his scheduled Kentucky and Kansas visits. Sounds like Duke is a lock now. PS...here's a photo the house that Zion's family lived in this past season.

D4KDWRlWkAE6yc5.jpg

I could have lived in a house like that, but I really preferred McNutt

Anyone see what the Kentucky fan sent to Matthew Hurt about not coming to UK,etc....maybe someone should let the Brooks family know what their in for. Or better yet...maybe ask esteemed journalist Brian Snow to send a tweet out highlighting it like he did when one of our bad apples got away? 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone see what the Kentucky fan sent to Matthew Hurt about not coming to UK,etc....maybe someone should let the Brooks family know what their in for. Or better yet...maybe ask esteemed journalist Brian Snow to send a tweet out highlighting it like he did when one of our bad apples got away? 

For those of us that did not, please provide an update as to what the UK fan sent Hurt.

3 minutes ago, BDB said:

For those of us that did not, please provide an update as to what the UK fan sent Hurt.

Not my place. The language is very bad. If a mod gives the green light I can post in morning. Basically in twitter search put matthew hurt kentucky fan and you'll find it in the mentions below someone named Ball Durham. I only raise this because Sarita Brooks made a comment about our fans. She used Brian Snow and his platform to create the story and yet today not a peep. Sorry. Ticks me off to no end. Death threats are no big deal but IU fans being pissed?

I'll say it again. When Brian Snow is involved in a recruitment it won't be good for IU. Like today for example. Brunk announces for IU he says the following. Yet every other recruit he's in with or coaches or programs he likes he'll hype up a tweet.

Joey Brunk has committed to Indiana per his High School coach Kyle Simpson. Transfer from Butler

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not my place. The language is very bad. If a mod gives the green light I can post in morning. Basically in twitter search put matthew hurt kentucky fan and you'll find it in the mentions below someone named Ball Durham. I only raise this because Sarita Brooks made a comment about our fans. She used Brian Snow and his platform to create the story and yet today not a peep. Sorry. Ticks me off to no end. Death threats are no big deal but IU fans being pissed?

I'll say it again. When Brian Snow is involved in a recruitment it won't be good for IU. Like today for example. Brunk announces for IU he says the following. Yet every other recruit he's in with or coaches or programs he likes he'll hype up a tweet.

Joey Brunk has committed to Indiana per his High School coach Kyle Simpson. Transfer from Butler

Meh, don't let it bother ya bro.  Have a beer on me.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I still think that was mostly the Brooks family way of trying to save face. For gods sakes Kentucky fans were telling Brooks they didn’t want him and couldn’t spell his name right. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

I still think that was mostly the Brooks family way of trying to save face. For gods sakes Kentucky fans were telling Brooks they didn’t want him and couldn’t spell his name right. 

I agree and just imagine how Kentucky fans would've reacted to a losing streak like we went through?  Somebody would've been killed. I wish Brooks nothing but the best, but he would've been more appreciated both in the short and long term at Indiana. But them's the breaks. 

4 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

I agree and just imagine how Kentucky fans would've reacted to a losing streak like we went through?  Somebody would've been killed. I wish Brooks nothing but the best, but he would've been more appreciated both in the short and long term at Indiana. But them's the breaks. 

I nothing Brooks.  Do not really care what happens with him one way or the other.  Now the team he is going to play for, I wish abject failure upon them.  May the NIT be nothing but a dream for them next year as the FBI pounces, Calipari runs, and their program is laid to waste.  Amen.

7 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

And yet that was still a better option to him compared to us? Guess in addition to the hypocrisy of Brooks family, Snow being used as a shill.....just a tad upset heading into year 3 this is where we're at.....again. 

4 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I nothing Brooks.  Do not really care what happens with him one way or the other.  Now the team he is going to play for, I wish abject failure upon them.  May the NIT be nothing but a dream for them next year as the FBI pounces, Calipari runs, and their program is laid to waste.  Amen.

Agree. Brooks is as dead to me as the other Indiana traitors who decided to play for that slimy program. It takes effort to even remember their names. I'd take a Watford from Alabama who understands and grew up with Indiana basketball over a kid from Indiana who just wants the fast lane to the NBA.

7 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Agree. Brooks is as dead to me as the other Indiana traitors who decided to play for that slimy program. It takes effort to even remember their names. I'd take a Watford from Alabama who understands and grew up with Indiana basketball over a kid from Indiana who just wants the fast lane to the NBA.

I understand Delray Brooks has ties to Pitino, but I'm not sure his tenure there was long enough to call that program slimy.  

Oh yeah, almost forgot: :panic:

8 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Louie Dampier upsets your stomach?

31 minutes ago, rico said:

I don't know about that, but when he got there he stuck...

He sure did. My dad hated all things Kentucky (when we'd drive through, he say, "look at the grass. They can't even tell green from blue!")

You couldn't say the names Kyle Macy, Jim Masters, Louie Dampier, or Goose Ligon without him letting loose a stream of expletives.

Archived