Matthew Hurt Commits to Duke

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hurt would be a major coup for CAM, but I think our chances are essentially nil.  From the things MH's father has said, it's all about preparing for the NBA with NCAA ball just being a means to that end.  A team like UK or coach like Cal is probably what they're looking for.  While he appears to be an absolute stud of a player, I'm not so sure a kid highly focused on the NBA is what our program wants or needs (not that I or anyone on the staff would turn him away).

10 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Dylan Prezkop just logged a cb pick for UK. 

Cal didn't have too good success with Whilcher....he had to go to Gonzaga to get to the NBA. Cal likes his bigs to play inside...dunk lobs, block shots, and rebound....would definitely be surprised to see this kid go to UK.

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Cal didn't have too good success with Whilcher....he had to go to Gonzaga to get to the NBA. Cal likes his bigs to play inside...dunk lobs, block shots, and rebound....would definitely be surprised to see this kid go to UK.

If his only worry is the NBA then UK might make since over UNC since Roy doesn't always play freshman a lot just look at Little this year.  I would say he will choose between UK or KU.

Just my opinion, but I would go to Kansas, if I were Hurt.  I'm no expert, but I think Self gives his players more individual freedom within his system.  And Self likes his perimeter guys to shoot the 3.  And in my opinion, right now Hurt is a perimeter player...the infamous stretch whatever.  😜

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Hey at least the kid got a championship ring while at UK. He can sell it on ebay to a UK fan for 10 bucks. 

9 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Just my opinion, but I would go to Kansas, if I were Hurt.  I'm no expert, but I think Self gives his players more individual freedom within his system.  And Self likes his perimeter guys to shoot the 3.  And in my opinion, right now Hurt is a perimeter player...the infamous stretch whatever.  😜

Hopefully Kansas will be on probation or worse at this time next year....NCAA has no spine so I doubt it happens but it certainly should.....

1 hour ago, CTrojan88 said:

Hopefully Kansas will be on probation or worse at this time next year....NCAA has no spine so I doubt it happens but it certainly should.....

Good point.  I had forgotten how deep their involvement was.  But you do have a valid response regarding the ncaa.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I still think he might be one that tries to go to the G-league.  from the interview I saw on the ESPN a few months ago and what his dad said led me to believe that they are not that interested in college basketball.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I still think he might be one that tries to go to the G-league.  from the interview I saw on the ESPN a few months ago and what his dad said led me to believe that they are not that interested in college basketball.

Honest question here not trying to be a Debbie downer but what’s the point of keeping this thread going if IU has 0% chance of him coming here?

Archived