Matthew Hurt Commits to Duke

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Out of Hurt, Brooks, Jackson-Davis, and Watford, I’d be surprised if we get more than two of them.  At this point, who knows which of them Archie will land?

We won't really know until the focus for recruiting is on 2019, but i agree. I think we get TJD and Watford or Brooks.

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2017 at 10:30 PM, FW_Hoosier said:

Out of Hurt, Brooks, Jackson-Davis, and Watford, I’d be surprised if we get more than two of them.  At this point, who knows which of them Archie will land?

My vote if I could pick two would be Jackson-Davis and Hurt.  Hurt and Race know each other very well and Jackson-Davis is right up the road so IU is basically in his back yard.  

2 hours ago, KDB said:

Hurt included IU as one of the five schools making him a priority as of now in a new Evan Daniels piece.

Yep.  IU in the hunt, along with UNC, Duke, Minnesota and Kentucky.  Man.... that is quite the group.  Kid can't really go wrong with any of them.... with the possible exception of Minnesota.  How'd the Gophers get in there ?   LOL

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Yep.  IU in the hunt, along with UNC, Duke, Minnesota and Kentucky.  Man.... that is quite the group.  Kid can't really go wrong with any of them.... with the possible exception of Minnesota.  How'd the Gophers get in there ?   LOL

LOL...he won't go to Minnesota unless he wants to develop on his own. Little Ricky won't be any help.

13 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Kansas also in there.

His brother, Michael, plays at Minnesota.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/15/2017 at 12:52 PM, KDB said:

Kansas also in there.

His brother, Michael, plays at Minnesota.

i think that Minnesota being on this list is the equivalent to Indiana HS players who have little intention of going to the big instate school, but want to continue to receive the love from the fans as long as possible.  It sure is better to the ego to have people flood to games to see you play vs. an apathy outside of your home school.

9 hours ago, iufaninand said:

i think that Minnesota being on this list is the equivalent to Indiana HS players who have little intention of going to the big instate school, but want to continue to receive the love from the fans as long as possible.  It sure is better to the ego to have people flood to games to see you play vs. an apathy outside of your home school.

It's a delicate balance for the kids and their families. Have to keep everyone happy before they leave. Sometimes I'd prefer them to just eliminate us early. 

11 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Ala Romeo Langford??

Yep. I have no clue which way the winds are blowing. Some are saying we are all done. If that's the case we should embrace the very good recruiting class we have coming in and find a couple grad transfers (big and pure shooter). 

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Ala Romeo Langford??

• There was an article in the Indy Star about Romeo and talked about how quiet and how he does not like the limelight.  With reading this I feel like he wouldn't want to come to IU and be under the pressure of turning IU around.

Archived