Matthew Hurt Commits to Duke

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I’ve actually suggested this like three times on this site... glad I’m not the only one thinking it!

Yes! Idk if he’s one of those guys who’s willing to sacrifice a year of HS to do it but it wouldn’t be bad. Could maybe throw off some kids who are coming in for 2018, but for him... deal with it.

11 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

So what was your vibe of that actually happening like? 

I think he’s talented enough to do it.... Indiana is not considered the front runner right now but what if they said to him if you reclassify and you and Romeo join you get to play with Race again and we will instantly be a top 5 team... maybe that could be the pitch to him to get him to come to IU

1 hour ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I think he’s talented enough to do it.... Indiana is not considered the front runner right now but what if they said to him if you reclassify and you and Romeo join you get to play with Race again and we will instantly be a top 5 team... maybe that could be the pitch to him to get him to come to IU

Talk about an ideal situation. He would be joining a really talented front-court so defenses couldn't focus on him.

The in-home visit went well, according to the new Rabjohns article.

Matthew's father, Rich, said that he thinks the biggest thing is the message that Matthew could go to Indiana and write his own story.

He said that he thinks for them it is the amount of freedom he would have, and the ability to be the focal point.

He also mentions that Matthew spent some time with Trayce Jackson-Davis at the final four.

In the article, Rich also talks about another positive for IU in Race Thompson and how both families have a good relationship. They said that they are very impressed with how the Thompson's speak of the staff and the strength coach on the development of Race from a body and skill standpoint.

Rabjohns says that Ostrom and the Hurt's talk pretty much daily, and that there is no timetable for a decision.

21 minutes ago, KDB said:

The in-home visit went well, according to the new Rabjohns article.

Matthew's father, Rich, said that he thinks the biggest thing is the message that Matthew could go to Indiana and write his own story.

He said that he thinks for them it is the amount of freedom he would have, and the ability to be the focal point.

He also mentions that Matthew spent some time with Trayce Jackson-Davis at the final four.

In the article, Rich also talks about another positive for IU in Race Thompson and how both families have a good relationship. They said that they are very impressed with how the Thompson's speak of the staff and the strength coach on the development of Race from a body and skill standpoint.

Rabjohns says that Ostrom and the Hurt's talk pretty much daily, and that there is no timetable for a decision.

THanks for the update! Much appreciated! Keep em coming. 

36 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

whats the feel on this one? Still a long shot? I like how he has been talking to TJD and is getting good reports from Race's family. Ostrom and the fam talking almost every day that's gotta be a good sign. Maybe we will sneak into his final 5 or 3 and have a chance at the end.. never doudt Archie! 

I have heard we are still in play for Hurt. Not the favorite, but a possibility. Like you said.. Don't doubt Archie.

On 4/15/2018 at 1:28 AM, Max said:

I love the idea of this but think it may not happen because I’m very confident we land either TJD or Brooks prior to Hurt’s commitment. This is just me speculating no sourced information. 

I'm with you there.  I get the feeling that someone else (maybe multiple someones) pops before Hurt and we end up out of room.

11 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm with you there.  I get the feeling that someone else (maybe multiple someones) pops before Hurt and we end up out of room.

My thinking we will have at least 3 scholarships for 2019 and I would like to see TJD and Watford and then a point guard.  If we get Romeo and a grad transfer this year and Romeo is a one and done that would be 3 and I wouldn't be surprised to see a transfer so we could have 4.  If we have 4 and Romeo leaves then I would want to see us get a shooting guard with the 4th scholarship.

40 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My thinking we will have at least 3 scholarships for 2019 and I would like to see TJD and Watford and then a point guard.  If we get Romeo and a grad transfer this year and Romeo is a one and done that would be 3 and I wouldn't be surprised to see a transfer so we could have 4.  If we have 4 and Romeo leaves then I would want to see us get a shooting guard with the 4th scholarship.

Very well could be the case. There's one thing for certain - there's a lot of uncertainty for 2019.

7 hours ago, Indykev said:

I have seen all of the 19' kids play. Hurt is by far the best of all of them. I'm guessing Duke but you never know.

He seems to be a great example of don't judge a book by its cover. I would never pick him out of a group thinking he was the most skilled. He doesn't look he would be very athletic (just standing on the street) and almost "bookish", but he plays at a very high skill level. I'm saying this never having seen him in person.

3 hours ago, KDB said:

Peegs said we're top 5, maybe top 3 for Hurt. 

I know not everyone on here is all about "Moral Victories" but the fact we are in the tops of recruiting on a lot of these guys like Hurt is a win all in itself to me becuase it shows Archie understands what kind of talent we need to be top level again

1 minute ago, HoosierKix said:

I know not everyone on here is all about "Moral Victories" but the fact we are in the tops of recruiting on a lot of these guys like Hurt is a win all in itself to me becuase it shows Archie understands what kind of talent we need to be top level again

Hurt could end up being more than a Moral Victory for IU. 

Archived