Matthew Hurt Commits to Duke

1 minute ago, HoosierKix said:

Also I feel like you don't get enough credit KDB, you do a wonderful job on this site Just like Mile and DJ and all the mods. Appreciate all your work and dedication!

Thank you for the kind words!

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, KDB said:

Hurt could end up being more than a Moral Victory for IU. 

Could also be the final nail in Little Ricky's coffin.  I'm guessing the only reason he hasn't already been shown the door is (1)the cost of the buyout and/or (2) the lack of quality candidates willing to step into those shoes.

So theirs possible rumors of Hurt reclassifying to 2018. It makes a ton of sense to me and I think it’ll become more and more common with likely future OAD or 2AD prospects. 

Why not reclassify? There’s much more to lose than there is to gain and it seems like the pros list demolishes the cons. The only  negatives that I can see might be maturity issues and possibly playing time issues but the players I’m talking about are good enough to see 10+ minutes that first year anyway. 

Come play with your buddy Race for a year or two Matthew!

5 minutes ago, Fundamentals said:

Let’s go nuts and say he does.  I wonder if he’d use it as time to work on body and redshirt like Race, or would he play with Romeo and they both leave after one year?

He’s playing if he’s coming early.  The guy is a top notch talent.  Race was injured and needed to work on his body/game for a year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New article about Hurt from Scott Phillips

Hurt mentions in the piece that he is trying to do some official visits in the fall.

He says he hopes for five official visits but if he likes someone, and thinks it is the right fit for him, he could commit early.

Matthew says the primary schools involved are Duke, Indiana, Kentucky, Memphis, Minnesota, North Carolina, and UCLA.

34 minutes ago, KDB said:

New article about Hurt from Scott Phillips

Hurt mentions in the piece that he is trying to do some official visits in the fall.

He says he hopes for five official visits but if he likes someone, and thinks it is the right fit for him, he could commit early.

Matthew says the primary schools involved are Duke, Indiana, Kentucky, Memphis, Minnesota, North Carolina, and UCLA.

Interesting to hear that Kansas and Louisville aren't recruiting him hard. Sounded early on like they were a couple of the favorites to get him. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived