Matthew Hurt Commits to Duke

Another perspective on the one and done programs: with the NBA landscape on the verge of removing the required age to enter the draft, colleges whom rely on those players will be forced to alter their strategy. In fact, I think Cal will bolt for NBA when it becomes official. When future recruits see the development of two to three year players under Arch, they will be salivating to be the next “Jerome Hunter.” Hard pass on OAD factory!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I know it’s a long shot but this kid is a better fit for us then KBJ honestly. Playing next to TJD would be a deadly stretch 4 and with possibly either Hunter or Smith at the 3...wow!!

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I know it’s a long shot but this kid is a better fit for us then KBJ honestly. Playing next to TJD would be a deadly stretch 4 and with possibly either Hunter or Smith at the 3...wow!!

Respectfully disagree. KBJ can play everything but 5. One of the more versatile players in the top of this class. 

4 hours ago, Max said:

Respectfully disagree. KBJ can play everything but 5. One of the more versatile players in the top of this class. 

In HS...travel ball...perhaps...in the B1G....yeah not a chance he can guard 1-4. He is a wing...he would get murdered on the boards against bigs and exposed trying to guard quick twitch PGs on th perimeter. Could he bring the ball up the floor in a pinch or play a stretch 4 against smaller opponents I’m sure. My point is he might not even start for us if Smith and Hunter come back. I think Hurt would be a bigger difference maker and fill a huge need for another knock down shooter. I think Hurt and TJD would compliment each other nicely.

• 4 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

I could see us sneaking back in with a punchers chance for this recruitment if we're serious about a 4 man class. Have a hot year, have him in for a game when the Hall is rocking and see Archie coach em up

Maybe see how we use Fitz this year...he would be a superior version of him for sure.

34 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Really like this approach/explanation from the kid and I think it increases our chances with him.

To me Saturday December 8th would be a good one to get him to visit home game vs Louisville on national tv. Otherwise if he's serious about waiting the full season...Friday night home game vs Michigan on 1/25 or 3/2 home game vs Michigan St. 

If game day is something he wants to experience. Those 3 are our best weekend options. 

Archived