Matthew Hurt Commits to Duke

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

I checked this thread about every six hours or so… Come on guys somebody give me some meat to chew on!

This kid I think is one of the last to commit. I think he wants instant playing time and to have a premier role wherever he goes. He talks like he wants to be assured he is OAD. Whomever convinces him of that will land him imo.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I still think Hurt could be a player who tries the G-League route.  The interview I heard with him and his father made it sound like they would at least look at that alternative.

IMO, G-League would be a big mistake for Hurt. He looks like a highly skilled player but lacks physicality at this point. He can get more playing time and chance to shine in college while having a year to develop his body. In G-League, he'd have to go against bigger, much stronger, and matured players and may hurt his draft stock. 

3 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

IMO, G-League would be a big mistake for Hurt. He looks like a highly skilled player but lacks physicality at this point. He can get more playing time and chance to shine in college while having a year to develop his body. In G-League, he'd have to go against bigger, much stronger, and matured players and may hurt his draft stock. 

Who said kids ever make all the right decisions?

4 hours ago, rico said:

Who said kids ever make all the right decisions?

So true. But I think in Hurt's case, his daddy has got a lot to say about his son's future. Parents normally are the ones that know their children better than others, but at the same time, they can overestimate their kids' potential and abilities and make the wrong calls. 

18 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

So true. But I think in Hurt's case, his daddy has got a lot to say about his son's future. Parents normally are the ones that know their children better than others, but at the same time, they can overestimate their kids' potential and abilities and make the wrong calls. 

Parents are often the ones that try to relive athletic achievements(or lack there of) through their kids.

Archived