Aircraft in action

Drroogh

11 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

EHHHH Wishkey Tango fooooooxtrot... turn heading 40.... no that aint it... uhhhh ... Do you have the airport in sight?

Roger tower, airport in sight, WTF over

You are cleared to land, probably. .. no really you are cleared for the option and I mean, I have an option... not you... clear? tower over.. LOL ...

(I'm dying typing this).

negative-topgun.gif.d5b6f8fb8b7ad481a0ee570f702c6a87.gif

:D 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Flew past there last year about this time. Coming from Sun N Fun up to Mobile !

Coastline? That's the easy way...

If you ever come from the north around CEW VOR, it's a crap shoot...11 mile wide North/South corridor with Duke Field and Eglin smack dab in the middle...All that restricted airspace will put that "Do some of that pilot stuff, Mav" to the test :) 

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Coastline? That's the easy way...

If you ever come from the north around CEW VOR, it's a crap shoot...11 mile wide North/South corridor with Duke Field and Eglin smack dab in the middle...All that restricted airspace will put that "Do some of that pilot stuff, Mav" to the test :) 

OH I TOTALLY know what you mean! I was sweating bullets flying through all that airspace as I was tracking 10-15 miles inland. I stopped at Defuniak (54J) for some fuel. I was hopping over layers, then dive down and scud run for a bit... I only had ~350 hours at the time and I looked like Ted piloting in the movie "Airplane". 

There were two experimental's flying @500' agl parallel except over the water. We were chatting on air to air and they were laughing at me. They were headed to Apalachicola if I recall.      

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

OH I TOTALLY know what you mean! I was sweating bullets flying through all that airspace as I was tracking 10-15 miles inland. I stopped at Defuniak (54J) for some fuel. I was hopping over layers, then dive down and scud run for a bit... I only had ~350 hours at the time and I looked like Ted piloting in the movie "Airplane". 

There were two experimental's flying @500' agl parallel except over the water. We were chatting on air to air and they were laughing at me. They were headed to Apalachicola if I recall.      

LOL...That pic I posted concerning the eclipse and traffic at Indy ARTCC? That's what the airspace around Navarre's "clothing optional" Beach looked like back when I worked there...1200 code city :) 

• Thanks 1