Are we cursed?

rico

I grew up hearing about the curse of the "Bambino" with the Bosox shipping Ruth off to the Yankees.  Took a lot of years to break that although they did play in several WS.

Listened to Cubs fans talking about black cats and a goat for their WS futility.  But it was eventually exorcised.

Now I sit and look at the Hoosiers.  25 years...one FF along with 2 other SS appearances.  Are we cursed?  When Bob Knight met his fate here did it tilt something with the Gods?  Do we call it "The curse of the General"?  "The RMK effect"?  The odds say I don't live to see another 25 years of Hoosier basketball.  What do I, personally, have to do to end this.  Sell my soul to the Devil?  Sacrifice a chicken?  Kiss Gene Keady?  

Cursed we are I say.

As ridiculous as it may sound, I’ve thought of this too on several occasions. I’m just hopeful that RMK finally making a public appearance at an IU baseball game a few weeks back changes what seems to be never-ending frustration and “what if’s “ - I’m at that point 

31 minutes ago, rico said:

I grew up hearing about the curse of the "Bambino" with the Bosox shipping Ruth off to the Yankees.  Took a lot of years to break that although they did play in several WS.

Listened to Cubs fans talking about black cats and a goat for their WS futility.  But it was eventually exorcised.

Now I sit and look at the Hoosiers.  25 years...one FF along with 2 other SS appearances.  Are we cursed?  When Bob Knight met his fate here did it tilt something with the Gods?  Do we call it "The curse of the General"?  "The RMK effect"?  The odds say I don't live to see another 25 years of Hoosier basketball.  What do I, personally, have to do to end this.  Sell my soul to the Devil?  Sacrifice a chicken?  Kiss Gene Keady?  

Cursed we are I say.

I'm right there with you on the 25 years to live odds. So I hope to only see about 5 more championship banners hung before I go😀🙏 Ps you kiss Gene and I'll do the chicken🤣

54 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

If you think we're cursed...then we are.  I just think IU had a HOF coach, who had issues that finally caught up with him.  After his removal, IU made some questionable decisions and hires of non-HOF coaches, who have performed in very mediocre ways.

I read this and then tossed some salt over my shoulder.

20 hours ago, rico said:

Cursed we are I say.

Not a cursed type of guy but I will say this. You have to try very, very, very hard to have the results we've had since 2000. 1 FF in 17 years. For all the reasons we all know so well. Cursed? Probably not. Absolute ineptness at the administration level....all day long. 

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not a cursed type of guy but I will say this. You have to try very, very, very hard to have the results we've had since 2000. 1 FF in 17 years. For all the reasons we all know so well. Cursed? Probably not. Absolute ineptness at the administration level....all day long. 

Well, I am taking things into my own hands.  Got the OUIJA board out and chasing a newt around the house right now.  

1 minute ago, Indy1987 said:

I blame Coach K.  March 21st, 2002.  A Hoosier upset win that sent us down a road of failure and disappointment.  We lose that game and our course would have changed dramatically.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

Don't worry about K or Cal for that matter.  I already have voodoo dolls of them full of pins.  However the Haitian refugee told me it might take awhile for it to kick in.

4 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

I blame Coach K.  March 21st, 2002.  A Hoosier upset win that sent us down a road of failure and disappointment.  We lose that game and our course would have changed dramatically.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

I would still rather have that championship run than not having gone to the championship game.  comments about it would be better if we did not make that run comes off arrogant to me because there are plenty of good programs that have never gotten to a championship game that would love to have that run.

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would still rather have that championship run than not having gone to the championship game.  comments about it would be better if we did not make that run comes off arrogant to me because there are plenty of good programs that have never gotten to a championship game that would love to have that run.

Unfortunately he's right though as I've said many times.  Lose that game and the liberal racist bureaucrats at IU don't have the excuse to keep Davis for as long as they did and force the insane Kelvin Sampson hire upon us.  Our past 17 years are completely different and in a good way if Duke wins.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It was a great run but it locked us into a coach that we all know was out of his league.  Which led to losing.  And that led to Samscum.  And that led to...

Had we lost who knows what may have happened.  Maybe 6 and 7 would be hanging.  Surely somebody could have done better than 2 Sweet 16s.  

Sorry if that comes off as arrogant but we have been paying the price for that win for 17 freaking years.  We should be better.  Just my opinion.

Go Hoosiers!!!

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Unfortunately he's right though as I've said many times.  Lose that game and the liberal racist bureaucrats at IU don't have the excuse to keep Davis for as long as they did and force the insane Kelvin Sampson hire upon us.  Our past 17 years are completely different and in a good way if Duke wins.

Would you have said that if we had beaten Maryland and hung our 6th banner.  If you would say yes that is so ridiculous because you never say a championship is a bad thing..

15 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

It was a great run but it locked us into a coach that we all know was out of his league.  Which led to losing.  And that led to Samscum.  And that led to...

Had we lost who knows what may have happened.  Maybe 6 and 7 would be hanging.  Surely somebody could have done better than 2 Sweet 16s.  

Sorry if that comes off as arrogant but we have been paying the price for that win for 17 freaking years.  We should be better.  Just my opinion.

Go Hoosiers!!!

I thought Davis got the contract after year #1?

1 minute ago, rico said:

I thought Davis got the contract after year #1?

I don't know.  He shouldn't have.  He should've been canned immediately after the Kent St disaster as I've said repeatedly.  We had more national titles than Duke and UNC combined I believe at the time and were easily a top 2-3 job in college basketball.  It's absolutely amazing how incompetent our administration has been.

Just now, Indy1987 said:

Davis received a contract extension thru 2008 a month after that run.   No way he gets that if not for that win.

Go Hoosiers!!!

But he received a contract after the 1st year?  The run was year 2.

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I don't know.  He shouldn't have.  He should've been canned immediately after the Kent St disaster as I've said repeatedly.  We had more national titles than Duke and UNC combined I believe at the time and were easily a top 2-3 job in college basketball.  It's absolutely amazing how incompetent our administration has been.

Not to be a Davis apologist but he did take us to a BTT title game and damn near won it.  A #4 seed in the NCAAT.  Pretty good 1st year in my book.  

Archived