The News Sentinel previews IU

Funny.  When I posted the link, it was dated Oct. 31.  And I linked it on Oct. 30.  Now it says Oct. 30.   No biggie. Just funny.  At least for me. 

dbm.... I love the fact that you say.... landing Garland  AND Romeo.   Something, I am sure none of us would have ventured to say,  just this past Spring. 

10 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Funny.  When I posted the link, it was dated Oct. 31.  And I linked it on Oct. 30.  Now it says Oct. 30.   No biggie. Just funny.  At least for me. 

dbm.... I love the fact that you say.... landing Garland  AND Romeo.   Something, I am sure none of us would have ventured to say,  just this past Spring. 

The News Sentinel has shut down as a going entity--at least as a hard copy newspaper. Their last edition was published about 2 weeks ago. They now have one page of editorials that is merged into the other Ft. Wayne paper--the Journal Gazette. What they do publish is on-line material that tends to stay on their website for several days. Probably that is what you linked.

26 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

The News Sentinel has shut down as a going entity--at least as a hard copy newspaper. Their last edition was published about 2 weeks ago. They now have one page of editorials that is merged into the other Ft. Wayne paper--the Journal Gazette. What they do publish is on-line material that tends to stay on their website for several days. Probably that is what you linked.

Was unaware they are on line only now. Thanks for the intel.

I heard another cool stat this weekend on the Assembly Call podcast. I can't remember the exact numbers, but you'll get the idea. 

Regarding kenpoms preseason ratings:

- Since 2011 Crean surpassed his Ken Pom projections three times and didn't surpass them 3 times. On average he finished 5 spots lower. Ken Pom seemed to pretty accurate with Crean.

-During Archie's tenure at Dayton he out performed his kenpom rating every year but one (which was only 2 spots lower). On average he out-performed his ranking by 15 spots!

-The last time Archie had a pre-season ranking as low as 65 (where we are now) was 2014 when he went to the elite 8.

....A little optimism for everybody this morning. 

3 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I heard another cool stat this weekend on the Assembly Call podcast. I can't remember the exact numbers, but you'll get the idea. 

- Since 2011 Crean surpassed his Ken Pom projections three times and didn't surpass them 3 times. On average he finished 5 spots lower. Ken Pom seemed to pretty accurate with Crean.

-During Archie's tenure at Dayton he out performed his kenpom rating every year but one (which was only 2 spots lower). On average he out-performed his ranking by 15 spots!

-The last time Archie had a pre-season ranking as low as 65 (where we are now) was 2014 when he went to the elite 8.

I honestly think we are getting zero credit for Archie. We would have the same preseason projections with Crean. And thats just not right.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I honestly think we are getting zero credit for Archie. We would have the same preseason projections with Crean. And thats just not right.

I knew you'd like that one. 

....AND he exceeded his expectations the most in his first 3 seasons at Dayton when most pundits didn't know how to project his teams. 

13 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Interesting.  I wonder how much Archie being underrated by the KenPom projections had to do with him being at a mid-major?  I would assume that had some type of effect.

20 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Nice information. Thanks!   Certainly cause for optimism that this season can be a spring board to really good things under CAM.

4 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

Thanks. That certainly cheers me up a bit.

Archived