The quest for Lord Stanley’s Cup

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Boston and the surrounding New England region have some sort of requirement where at least 2 of their big 4 sport teams must either win or compete for World Title every year? Seriously. Imagine being a 25 year old "fan of Boston" sports teams. And on the flip side imagine being a 50 year old trying to explain to the 25 year old what life was like before Brady, Red Sox run,etc...

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Does Boston and the surrounding New England region have some sort of requirement where at least 2 of their big 4 sport teams must either win or compete for World Title every year? Seriously. Imagine being a 25 year old "fan of Boston" sports teams. And on the flip side imagine being a 50 year old trying to explain to the 25 year old what life was like before Brady, Red Sox run,etc...

I'd imagine those tales got told more than once yesterday, given that Game 1 was played on the day Bill Buckner died. 

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

I'd imagine those tales got told more than once yesterday, given that Game 1 was played on the day Bill Buckner died. 

My 1st wife re-married a guy from Boston.  Nice man....but his history is skewed.

WOW.....

The last 5 minutes of the 3rd and the OT may have been the best hockey I've ever seen, from both sides.  The game making things square with Gunnarsson after putting that dent in the post in the 3rd. 

First Finals win in franchise history, and it's all square headed home.  Best of 5, with 3 taking place in the E-Center. 

Trivia I learned today: The Blues are the only franchise that has a Conn Smythe winner (Glenn Hall, 1968) without ever having won the Cup.  3 more, and that can change.

53 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

WOW.....

The last 5 minutes of the 3rd and the OT may have been the best hockey I've ever seen, from both sides.  The game making things square with Gunnarsson after putting that dent in the post in the 3rd. 

First Finals win in franchise history, and it's all square headed home.  Best of 5, with 3 taking place in the E-Center. 

Trivia I learned today: The Blues are the only franchise that has a Conn Smythe winner (Glenn Hall, 1968) without ever having won the Cup.  3 more, and that can change.

Big win!!!

Great that the Blues tied it up.

Of course, the combination of living in the Eastern time zone and being old kept me from staying up until the end.

Hit on Grzelcyk looked bad but I dont think Sundqvist did anything maliciously. That was a big loss for the Bruins though, as Grzelcyk is probably their best defenseman at getting the puck out of the zone and to their forwards. Hockey is a tough game, but hate to see anyone go down for any length of time, especially in the finals.

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Great that the Blues tied it up.

Of course, the combination of living in the Eastern time zone and being old kept me from staying up until the end.

Hit on Grzelcyk looked bad but I dont think Sundqvist did anything maliciously. That was a big loss for the Bruins though, as Grzelcyk is probably their best defenseman at getting the puck out of the zone and to their forwards. Hockey is a tough game, but hate to see anyone go down for any length of time, especially in the finals.

That was all on Grz. He played that horribly trying to turn at the last second. It was unfortunate that it happened but that was played horribly by him. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That was all on Grz. He played that horribly trying to turn at the last second. It was unfortunate that it happened but that was played horribly by him. 

Agree. That hit was part of the game and a bad decision on his part. The Baaahston crowd didn't like it, but a 2 minute minor was the right call. No malicious intent at all.

That is one thing I love about this Blues team: they're big and physical as all hell, but there isn't anyone that has a reputation for being outright dirty. Yes, I'm sure plenty have ventured into a grey area occasionally, but what NHL player hasn't?

This team is Rocky Balboa. They can get the #$&% kicked out of them and bounce right back.

Had the heavyweights step up tonight: Tarasenko and Ryan "Don't Call Me Radar" O'Reilly. Binnington bounced back like a 10 year veteran. And although he didn't make the box score, having Vince Dunn back was huge.

Well, now that the first road win and first home win are under our belts, let's steal one in Boston and bring the Cup home.

#playgloria

9 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

This team is Rocky Balboa. They can get the #$&% kicked out of them and bounce right back.

Had the heavyweights step up tonight: Tarasenko and Ryan "Don't Call Me Radar" O'Reilly. Binnington bounced back like a 10 year veteran. And although he didn't make the box score, having Vince Dunn back was huge.

Well, now that the first road win and first home win are under our belts, let's steal one in Boston and bring the Cup home.

#playgloria

Hope we get Thomas back soon. 

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Hope we get Thomas back soon. 

I thought 19 year olds were supposed to heal like Deadpool. C'mon, Thomas, get it in gear.😂

Showing my age, but I've probably referred to him as Steve Thomas a dozen times.

Archived