The quest for Lord Stanley’s Cup

30 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm pulling for Blues but if Ortiz makes an appearance before game tonight (rumors) there's no way in the world Bruins lose. 

I think this Blues team thrives on adversity. Better road record in the playoffs than home.  4-0 when giving up a shorthanded goal. 

For the sake of the cardiac and mental health of their fanbase, I wish they'd just kick @$$ and take names, but so long as it gets us a big piece of silver hardware at the end of tonight, I'll take it.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm pulling for Blues but if Ortiz makes an appearance before game tonight (rumors) there's no way in the world Bruins lose. 

Per a quote by his wife that CBS just aired, Ortiz will remain in the ICU for at least the next few days. Can’t see him traveling to the game. I would be surprised if they put him in front of a camera while he’s in such bad shape 

38 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Per a quote by his wife that CBS just aired, Ortiz will remain in the ICU for at least the next few days. Can’t see him traveling to the game. I would be surprised if they put him in front of a camera while he’s in such bad shape 

Ortiz hit was because he apparently was sleeping with a drug lords wife. My guess is he has other things on his mind but have heard a video message to fans before game is in play. 

To 52 years of waiting, to the Checkerdome, to not leaving for Saskatoon, to not having to avoid looking at that damn picture of Bobby Orr anymore, to Gloria, to Lalia, to interim head coaches, to rookie goaltenders, to going from worst to first.....

To never giving up.

20190612_224941.jpg

Cheers, boys.

I'm more than biased, but wow....if you're going to win your first title, could you script a better story?

Gloria, no longer on the run now.
Running after Lord Stanley, we finally won it somehow.
Even after a slow down, they were careful not to blow it.
I think we're headed for a Cup parade, so be careful and show it.

I think we'll always remember, that a team they left for dead,
Hoisted the Cup over their heads.....calling Gloriaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

6 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

To 52 years of waiting, to the Checkerdome, to not leaving for Saskatoon, to not having to avoid looking at that damn picture of Bobby Orr anymore, to Gloria, to Lalia, to interim head coaches, to rookie goaltenders, to going from worst to first.....

To never giving up.

20190612_224941.jpg

Cheers, boys.

I'm more than biased, but wow....if you're going to win your first title, could you script a better story?

Congratulations to the Blues!

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Must admit very cool. Some of my Chicago brethren hate that the Blues won but living in Indy for 20+ years that whole Chicago/St. Louis thing doesn't matter to me much anymore. 

It seems like so many folks were on the Blues bandwagon for the sheer fact that A) a lot of people don’t like the Bruins and B) people are sick of Boston winning championships haha. 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It seems like so many folks were on the Blues bandwagon for the sheer fact that A) a lot of people don’t like the Bruins and B) people are sick of Boston winning championships haha. 

That certainly didn't hurt. Actually kind of happy for a city like St. Louis. Fallen on hard times, Rams left,etc....they deserve a pick me up. 

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Not sure if you guys saw but a blues fan in Vegas bet $400 on the blues to win the cup in early January at 250-1 odds. Made a cool $100k!

Evidently, as the Blues progressed, someone out there offered to pay the guy $20 grand to sell his ticket...Sure he's ecstatic that he didn't take them up on the offer.

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Not sure if you guys saw but a blues fan in Vegas bet $400 on the blues to win the cup in early January at 250-1 odds. Made a cool $100k!

Followed it closely. Can't believe he didn't hedge at least $30-$35k to guarantee himself $65k. Stones of steel. 

Archived