The quest for Lord Stanley’s Cup

12 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yep pretty sure. And ROR played with a broken rib from the second round on I think. 

If playing with a broken rib gets you a Conn Smythe, leave the damn thing broken.

I know it has and probably will never happen, but I was hoping ROR and Binnington would tie for the Conn Smythe. They both deserved it.

Although if JB walks away with the Calder and the Vezina, I think it'll be even.

Edit: Could have sworn JB was a Vezina finalist. Criminal.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

If playing with a broken rib gets you a Conn Smythe, leave the damn thing broken.

I know it has and probably will never happen, but I was hoping ROR and Binnington would tie for the Conn Smythe. They both deserved it.

Although if JB walks away with the Calder and the Vezina, I think it'll be even.

Edit: Could have sworn JB was a Vezina finalist. Criminal.

Well he only played like half a season so I get why he wouldn’t be a finalist. His first start was like 01/07 I think. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Well he only played like half a season so I get why he wouldn’t be a finalist. His first start was like 01/07 I think. 

Bah....technicalities. xD

And yes, 1/7 was his first start, aka the Gloria Game.

Although I didn't know until just now, he did make one appearance in relief on January 14, 2016. 

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

He’s been drunk for a week straight haha. Did you go to it?

None of the players have been sober since Wednesday. Seen the pic of ROR wearing the Conn Smythe on his head?

Someone was commenting about whether this year's Blues team would match Ovechkin's 5 day blitz/bender with the Cup. My responsr was "That 5 day stretch was a bender for Ovi. Hull calls that a normal work week."

And Nah, 5+ hour drive. Would have been fun, but that's a haul for just getting drunk lol.

Have a coworker from my company's office in Collinsville that was at Busch on Wednesday. Total insanity was the only description given.

Would have driven over for Game 6 had I been able to find a ticket for less than a mortgage payment.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Hey @Zlinedavid, I thought you’d get a kick out of this. I was in St. Louis this week on a work trip and the first night in my hotel lobby, the guy who’s in charge of the Stanley Cup was randomly at our hotel! I got to touch it and got a picture with it. Was unbelievable and wanted to let you know!

Where's the middle finger emoji? xD

That's awesome.  Lots of legendary hands have been on that beautiful hunk of metal. 

• 4 weeks later...

Last day for celebrations. Blues raise their banner tonight before the game with Washington, and then it all starts over.

And from the sound of things, Binnington hasn't let up at all. When asked if he felt like he was under the gun this year, his answer was: "It's all part of it, right? I love it. It might not be perfect, it might not be right away, but eventually I'll turn that gun around and point it back at you."

Kid has cojones the size of basketballs, and cast from pure titanium. Last goalie I remember with this much of a "#@$& you" attitude and the potential to back it up was Patrick Roy.

Archived