Rotation next year

Only 200 minutes to go around.. I see this being around the average mpg for each player.

Green-25 mpg

Phinessee- 28 mpg

Durham-25 mpg

Franklin- 8 mpg

Hunter-20 mpg

Smith - 20 mpg

TJD- 30 mpg

Race- 8 mpg

Brunk- 22mpg

Deron- 14 mpg

Just a guess. Thoughts? 

7 minutes ago, Paye32 said:

Thanks brother. Likewise. 

You are very welcome. It's always great to have old friends join back up with us again.  Really appreciate the fact that you did not change your username. Many new friends, have joined us as well. It's a great community that Colonial Crester and Hoosier Faithful re-established here.  And I want you all to know that you are treasured. 

7 hours ago, Paye32 said:

Only 200 minutes to go around.. I see this being around the average mpg for each player.

Green-25 mpg

Phinessee- 28 mpg

Durham-25 mpg

Franklin- 8 mpg

Hunter-20 mpg

Smith - 20 mpg

TJD- 30 mpg

Race- 8 mpg

Brunk- 22mpg

Deron- 14 mpg

Just a guess. Thoughts? 

No Anderson,he sits the bench for another year he'll be gone...I would hope Race gets more then 8 mins.

19 hours ago, Feathery said:

I cant see a rotation where Phinisee isn’t playing 30 minutes a game, minimum. He is the heart of our team next year. Probably the next 3 years. 

Edit: I like that you’ve given Franklin minutes. I think he contributes next season. 

As the only point guard on the team, Phinisee is their one indispensable player, so he should lead them in minutes.  Contemplating the possibility of another injury to him is why I was really hoping we'd get Anthony Harris.  As an aside, with all the injuries IU has had lately, they were very lucky that Yogi, if memory serves, didn't miss a single game from injury all four years he was there.

If Trendon signs with IU...(subs in parenthesis)

Phinisee (Green)

Hunter (Durham/Franklin)

Watford (Smith/Anderson)

TJD (Thompson)

DD (Brunk)

With current roster...

Phinisee (Franklin)

Green (Durham/Anderson)

Hunter (Smith)

TJD (Thompson)

DD (Brunk)

Obviously there is some wiggle room based on matchups, but I don't see Smith playing much of the 4.  If he doesn't develop his shot or his handles, he will find himself on the pine.  What do you think?

Edited just now by Hoosier98

On 4/28/2019 at 12:07 AM, Brass Cannon said:

Our 2 best guards need to be playing 30+ minutes.  I’m a firm believer that your starters are your starters for a reason and should be getting 150 of the minutes at least. 

I totally agree with the best guards and wings being on the floor for that many minutes, but DD Brunk TJD and Thompson can't play 30 minutes a game at the level they need to play at. Especially if they are going to hedge every pick n roll, which is all they did last year.   They will probably look more like 25 and 15.  I look for the rotation to be pretty steady next year.  

1 hour ago, Hoosier98 said:

If Trendon signs with IU...(subs in parenthesis)

Phinisee (Green)

Hunter (Durham/Franklin)

Watford (Smith/Anderson)

TJD (Thompson)

DD (Brunk)

With current roster...

Phinisee (Franklin)

Green (Durham/Anderson)

Hunter (Smith)

TJD (Thompson)

DD (Brunk)

Obviously there is some wiggle room based on matchups, but I don't see Smith playing much of the 4.  If he doesn't develop his shot or his handles, he will find himself on the pine.  What do you think?

Edited just now by Hoosier98

I'd bet on Green starting regardless. Just my two cents. 

Archived