Matt Cross Commits to Miami

KDB

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • KDB changed the title to Matt Cross Commits to Miami
59 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Cross was the player I really wanted at IU because of how he played and the tenacity he played with.

Had his chance. Archie sending the message again. We want you....but if you want to schedule a trip to College Station and commit to Coral Gables 24 hours after getting home? Sounds likes a kid from the North who wanted warm weather. No fault there but sorry he missed out. 

Not unexpected after we landed another kid at his position. I wish I was in Archie’s war room to see how this stuff all goes down...if he knew Bridges was reclassifying and Cross was a heavy Miami lean so he went full court press on Jordan. Stuff we will never know. I don’t expect another commitment until the spring. Garcia, Love, Loveday, and Brown-Furgeson (if reclassified) will all be late. I think recruiting quiets down for awhile especially on 2020 front after Love visits and HH next month.

1 hour ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

This makes it sound like he was IU until Geronimo?

Who knows.  If he was, drawing out his decision was a bad idea, although I think the speed of Geronimo's commitment likely surprised him.  Reminds me very much of Damezi popping before Henry and Armaan popping before Brandon Newman.

I like Archie creating a track record of pairing up recruits and taking the recruit that pops first.  He may not always get the best of the pair, but it's got to be in a kid's mind that "If I screw around with the decision, I may not have a spot."

3 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

This makes it sound like he was IU until Geronimo?

If that’s the case he should have committed a week or two ago. I understand wanting to go through the recruiting process however a team isn’t going to wait around forever for a commitment, unless it’s a top 25 or so kid then I could see the team holding out and waiting to see what he does. 

Onto Garcia and others for the last spot. Best of luck Matt! 

I thought if Cross didn't commit before the Geronimo visit, IU wouldn't get him.  Sometimes it is all about timing.  If you wait, someone else might take your spot, and as soon as Geronimo scheduled his visit, I thought there would be a good chance he would pick IU.  Either way, I am not disappointed.  I think Geronimo will be a great fit.  Now close on Garcia, and this will be a stellar class.  

Archived