Matt Cross Commits to Miami

KDB

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Still reminds me of Brian Evans. Rewatched the IU/Kansas 94 game...rekindled my b-ball crush on Brian lol. Being a local kid I watched on local news highlights made for an instant IU favorite of mine. Where are these kids now days?? I’m not even talking our championship team players but even Knights lesser teams had great leaders. Really hope Archie can find that right mix. Maybe Cross can be one of those guys.

Watching those highlights and the high level of difficulty on those shots and distance he was shooting man...tough looks. I think he would easily raise his percentages if he didn’t feel necessary to force the issue. Shot selection I think is something we could easily work with but even with that knowing he can make shots like those along with his high motor...I like this kid. Would love to add him to our 2020 class. Be a great stretch 4.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Watching those highlights and the high level of difficulty on those shots and distance he was shooting man...tough looks. I think he would easily raise his percentages if he didn’t feel necessary to force the issue. Shot selection I think is something we could easily work with but even with that knowing he can make shots like those along with his high motor...I like this kid. Would love to add him to our 2020 class. Be a great stretch 4.

After last year, IU needs as many high motor players as they can get.

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

Still reminds me of Brian Evans. Rewatched the IU/Kansas 94 game...rekindled my b-ball crush on Brian lol. Being a local kid I watched on local news highlights made for an instant IU favorite of mine. Where are these kids now days?? I’m not even talking our championship team players but even Knights lesser teams had great leaders. Really hope Archie can find that right mix. Maybe Cross can be one of those guys.

When I watched those highlights I thought of Brian Cardinal

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

He'd be a very good addition.  He's tough because he doesn't fit exactly into the antiquated traditional positions, but he's a good ball player that would help us win.  Smart, heads up, very active.  Busy on both ends of the floor.  When I saw him he was even-keeled, also.  Good demeanor out there.  

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I agree with the Brian/Brian comps. Just a shame you can't take them all. yet another quality kid.

Indeed...we have 4 scholarships for 2020 (possibly more if there is the typical transfer after the year)...besides Galloway/Leal we aren't likely leading for anyone else..no reason not to take this one if he wants to come....that way in 2021 we can focus on bigs and a point guard. Heck...we may be counting our chickens too soon with Leal anyways so even more reason to take another wing.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CoachSS said:

That seems to be a popular belief. There was an article on a separate site where he said he "could" take another visit but it also seems he is happy enough to decide between IU, Miami and South Carolina. 

At this point, considering all factors, do you want this kid? 

He looked (body wise) college ready. Not saying he couldn't use more strength and conditioning but he had a nice frame that he could play small ball 4 for us or the 3. Didn't mind getting dirty for rebounds and wasn't afraid of contact...but most importantly he could get his own shot...and could fill it up at times. I liked him. Impossible to say what he will become but thought he could be a nice 4 year piece for the team.

11 hours ago, KDB said:

Matt will take 2 more official visits to Florida and Texas A&M, per Rivals.

Good news and bad news here.  Good news is that some good teams think he's good.  Bad news is they could steal him away at the last minute.   Ouch!

Archived