Matt Cross Commits to Miami

KDB

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IU_Realist said:

Supposedly the kid stuffed the sheet this weekend in points, shot well at all three levels, assists and rebounds, and received a ton of high major offers.  

He did. His team did lose all four games they played however so I’m not sure that his stats are necessarily a good tell on how good he is. Someone has to score. I also saw Butler offered within the last 24 hours as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.insidethehall.com/2019/04/30/video-2020-forward-matt-cross-nike-eybl-highlights/

There is a nice video of his game in this article. Def worth a look. Kind of a Brian Evans esc game. Not athletic or quick but gets where he wants and can stroke it. Bigger body...physical player. If was to grow a couple inches I’d say he would be really really deadly...still talented at 6’7....just kind of a tweener...to slow for a 3 and maybe not big enough for a 4?

IU recruits on the EYBL circuit.  From Inside The Hall:

https://www.insidethehall.com/2019/05/15/an-in-depth-look-at-how-iu-targets-are-performing-on-the-eybl-circuit/

Matt Cross – BABC

Cross and BABC are winless on the EYBL circuit, but he’s been putting up very good numbers nonetheless. His 22.4 points per game lead his team and he’s also averaging 7.8 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 1.5 steals per game.

In terms of advanced numbers, Cross has a usage rate of 35.1 percent, one of the highest on the circuit, and his offensive rating sits at just 90.7 according to Open Look Analytics.

He’s shooting 42 percent on 2s, 28.8 percent on 3s and 82.1 percent from the free throw line. Much of this can likely be attributed to Cross simply not having enough consistent help from his teammates and being forced to take on a heavy load offensively.

Cross, who was offered a scholarship by the IU staff following the April evolution period, is scheduled to take an official visit to Bloomington this summer.

Archived