Matt Cross Commits to Miami

KDB

17 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Fletch is one of my favorites of all time.

I know you like to compare eras, Scott.  I will, with passion, take the position that movies in the 1980's are infinitely better than movies today.  

Hands down, agreed, but include the 90s too, and for that matter the 70s.

For world-marketing reasons, Hollywood  has gone global, focusing on special effects / blockbuster "Marvel" - type movies as those are the movies that can gather the broadest world appeal. 

It is hard to find great movies with great story lines and writing today. That's not some "they don't build it like they used to" viewpoint. It's the reality of what is driving movie-making and budgets today.

Give me Finding Forrester, Good Will Hunting, All the Presidents Men, ET, Searching for Bobby Fisher, and so many other great films over today's films, any day.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People tend to forget all the crap that also came out in the earlier decades. In a lot of ways I think the 00s generated some great films. 

Combination of CGI coming in maturity, movies being incredibly popular allowing for more passion projects and online reviews allowing good movies to get noticed.  

I can’t comment on the 10s as my movie watching has plummeted 

1 hour ago, slojoe said:

Back to reality.  It sounds like this is another that will get away.

Just curious. We signed 2 in state guys who appear to be very similar in size,etc...but now because Matt Cross (if what you say is true) decides to possibly head elsewhere because the others committed before him....we now call him another one that will get away? Implication seems a tad critical to me. Maybe I'm reading you wrong. Apologies in advance if I was. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Just curious. We signed 2 in state guys who appear to be very similar in size,etc...but now because Matt Cross (if what you say is true) decides to possibly head elsewhere because the others committed before him....we now call him another one that will get away? Implication seems a tad critical to me. Maybe I'm reading you wrong. Apologies in advance if I was. 

There's nothing definitive, but Florida and Texas AM have swooped in at the last minute when it appeared to be between us and So. Carolina and get visits.  Florida is showing better results than we are.  Things aren't going in a good direction.

57 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just clearing up that according to many Cross is still a high priority - even after the 2 latest commits. This is part of the plan and CAM believes they can play together and that Cross can play some 4. My understanding is that (primarily) Leal is the shooter, Galloway likes to attack the rim and Cross is the banger. All like have good BB IQs and have some grit. Their skills may overlap but each have a unique role they can fill. 

24 minutes ago, slojoe said:

There's nothing definitive, but Florida and Texas AM have swooped in at the last minute when it appeared to be between us and So. Carolina and get visits.  Florida is showing better results than we are.  Things aren't going in a good direction.

Cross looks like a very good player (and I'd be happy to get him) but something about more size and athleticism with Geronimo has me more interested in him. Thanks for follow up. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep... With Leal and Galloway on board, losing out on this kid won’t be much of a hit.

I don't understand the handwringing.  Pretty much every program out there offers a lot more kids than they have slots for knowing that some will go elsewhere.  It's an absolute given than many kids will "get away" from any program that recruits. 

I'm pretty happy with the recruits that IU is getting.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I don't understand the handwringing.  Pretty much every program out there offers a lot more kids than they have slots for knowing that some will go elsewhere.  It's an absolute given than many kids will "get away" from any program that recruits. 

I'm pretty happy with the recruits that IU is getting.

This. Won’t ever get em all

2 hours ago, zerawkid said:

And to think, twelve posts up the damned sky was falling.

Thanks kev, you always find the goods.

Seems like this is Archie's top choice after landing Galloway and Leal. If we add Cross, have to say mission accomplished for the staff. 

Cross, Galloway and Leal? Yes, Please!

Archived