2020 Class Rankings

KDB

• KDB pinned this topic
  • 5 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Bob said:

My question is , I know it’s early,but our 2020 recruiting class is 12 in the big ten. How many recruits are we still going after. I trust we are getting the best we can.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that we're expecting a smaller class this year.  Just a quick look at the IU website, it looks like we have 15 seniors.  Of those 15, I think 2 are not on scholarship in Justus and Jake Hendershot.  Assuming we're close to having a full roster of scholarship players, a few transfers after the year, and an outside shot that a guy like Ball or Jerome Johnson leave for the draft, I would guess we'll be around 20.

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Wasn't sure where to put this. Since we have and play so many F/S....I wasn't expecting this class to be much because of size and returning players. Williams is obvious highest ranked. Anyone with some others (besides Mayala) that could be immediate playing time guys?

I see Mayala as a guy who will redshirt.  In his highlight videos, he played a lot standing up as almost an edge rushing LB.  He badly needs to put on weight too.  I think he has the talent, but I don't think he has the size to play yet.  A lot like Madison Norris.

Our whole OL class should redshirt barring injuries to returning guys.  We should be pretty solid on the line to allow them a year to grow.

Baker is a guy I like who seemed like he had a really good senior year, but WR will be a tough spot to get playing time next year.

If Barner can show he can be a good pass catching TE, he might get a little time if we need to give Hendershot a break.  There was a pretty big drop off when he went out of games, but we do have some young talent coming back from last year.

Maybe a couple of the defensive guys?  The DL needs some help, but we return a lot there.  I could see Lewis getting some time at DT.  If I remember right, I am thinking our CB recruits are pretty raw?  Been a few months since I looked into them.  If Bonds comes in and impresses, he could push some of the safeties from last year.

I think this will be a class that will redshirt about 90% of the class.

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Wasn't sure where to put this. Since we have and play so many F/S....I wasn't expecting this class to be much because of size and returning players. Williams is obvious highest ranked. Anyone with some others (besides Mayala) that could be immediate playing time guys?

Just ran across this.  Sounds like Lewis is impressing early on.  If I was going to pick a #2 possibility of getting playing time after Williams, it might be Lewis.

• KDB unpinned this topic

Archived