Infractions

3 hours ago, Indytime said:

When Archie had Langford and Garland walked across the court for Hoosier Hysteria. IU got infractions for this lol. Thank God we got that $1.15 back for the women's team too. NCAA is a joke.        https://www.hoosiersportsreport.com/2019/04/football-infractions-among-24-secondary-violations-iu-reported-to-ncaa-in-2017-18-year/

Would love to see what Duke and UK and LSU and Kansas report...we are reporting 1.15 I bet they are perfect I’m just sure.

31 minutes ago, rico said:

I am going with the story that we need to learn how to "cheat" better.

Sampson did not cheat.  He broke the rules at the time..... that  now are approved by the NCAA.  Other schools (UNCheat,  hick up ) broke rules for up to 18 years, and got away with it, because they did not cave into the NCAA.  IU turned themselves in instead... and got a 3 year probation, for much less than other schools (UNCheat) committed.   While, I applaud IU for doing the right thing.... in the face of what others with more serious violations.... that challenged the NCAA... I wonder how dumb of IU was that to come clean?

IU’s compliance department is a joke. What a bunch of asshats. How about sitting down with the coaches prior to hysteria and seeing what the plan is. Them find creative ways to get around the rules, like successful programs.

Can we start a movement to have the compliance department change its methodology of practice. I’m being serious. I know IU people read this board. Let’s go. 

19 hours ago, Feathery said:

IU’s compliance department is a joke. What a bunch of asshats. How about sitting down with the coaches prior to hysteria and seeing what the plan is. Them find creative ways to get around the rules, like successful programs.

Can we start a movement to have the compliance department change its methodology of practice. I’m being serious. I know IU people read this board. Let’s go. 

Agree.  This adversarial "gotcha" crap has got to go.  No one is asking these self-important bureaucrats to break rules or even look the other way.  It's all about finding ways to think outside the box and suggest ways you can say yes, rather than just take the lazy way and say no every time there's a hint of a gray area.

I would think that for a university that prides itself in being progressive, this kind of backwards logic would have died sometime during the Bob Knight era.  There's little wonder that IU men's basketball has wandered in the desert for 20-plus years with the helpful "assistance" provided by IU's compliance department. 

Seriously...how much time and effort did these bureaucratic hacks spend chasing a high school kid for a $1.15 mileage over-payment?  Just asinine.

Brian Snow was very insightful regarding this subject on the Hoosier Hysterics podcast. Basically said that IU's compliance department works the complete opposite of every other school's. Instead of helping they just try to jplay "gotcha" and then self-report. It is utter lunacy

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

All schools report these minor infractions every year

More like some schools report these minor infractions some years.   

And you better believe few schools report major infractions.    The system is broken and the Ncaa and Universities are both to blame

Go Hoosiers!!!

1 minute ago, hoosier8760 said:

Brian Snow was very insightful regarding this subject on the Hoosier Hysterics podcast. Basically said that IU's compliance department works the complete opposite of every other school's. Instead of helping they just try to jplay "gotcha" and then self-report. It is utter lunacy

Anyone have any Mafia ties that can make this problem "go away"? :coffee:

2 minutes ago, hoosier8760 said:

Yeah, if that's accurate, it's ridiculous and bordering on incompetent. I've worked in advertising in highly regulated industries and always had compliance/legal people that worked with us to make sure the ads/marketing going out the door were legally compliant. We'd run every ad by them before going live and they'd work with us. We'd even debate with them to get as much leeway on disclaimer placement, font size, what we could say vs. what we wanted to say, etc. so that they were comfortable and we were happy. 

That's how it should work. I couldn't imagine working in an environment where legal/compliance was just there to bust my work. Hopefully Archie was able to talk some sense into the powers that be on this, because if I was him I'd have one foot out the door when the next good gig came along. 

13 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

Thanks Mile.  I probably misspoke when I said that was Cal's doing.   Most likely someone else thought up that plan to keep him and the program clean.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Oh I doubt Cal is breaking rules...at UK there are a million friends of the program and the biggest shoe company in the world at your beck and call.

Archived