Brandon Peters enters transfer portal

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Keep saying that these top Indiana players need to think twice before going to the top schools because they will be recruited over.

Johnson, Stevens and now Peters, Who is the next highly rated Indiana HS QB? Will they remember this when they make a college choice.

17 hours ago, Dr. Jones said:

Johnson, Stevens and now Peters, Who is the next highly rated Indiana HS QB? Will they remember this when they make a college choice.

Purcell or Armstead I think are the 2 big ones in 2020 class....with Purcell getting the most attention. Otherwise I don't know. 

20 hours ago, Dr. Jones said:

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Purcell or Armstead I think are the 2 big ones in 2020 class....with Purcell getting the most attention. Otherwise I don't know. 

Those are the only 2 listed in the top 30 of the state on 247.

For 2021, there is Donaven McCulley and Ben Easters.  Still pretty early with both of them, and other state QBs, but they are both top 500 QBs as of right now.  We're listed as having interest in both.

On 5/4/2019 at 4:09 PM, Dr. Jones said:

I would use the Stevens situation as a recruiting pitch. We needed a QB when he was being recruited and he had a really good chance to start for 2-3 years instead of holding Trace’s clipboard. The NFL does not care where you come from but they need to see you PLAY.

And with IU's schedule year in, year out, scouts and GM's can see you in highly projectable matchups.  It's actually potentially a great lift-off spot for the pros.  You will get a chance to play (and quickly), it will be in high profile games, and there will be several opportunities against top competition where you can prove yourself several times.

14 hours ago, IU878176 said:

The NFL does not care where you come from but they need to see you PLAY. 

Unless of course you're Matt Cassel, who winds up a 7th round pick after throwing 33 passes in 4 years.  The hell...is is middle name "Faust"?

18 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Unless of course you're Matt Cassel, who winds up a 7th round pick after throwing 33 passes in 4 years.  The hell...is is middle name "Faust"?

Worked out for him holding a clip board...

Funny story my exes dad coached Stevens, Johnson, Peters, and Bryant Fitzgerald all in 5th and 6th grade football. 

Peters thought he was the big shot, the lure of UM was what got him there. Johnson legit competed for the job at Clemson but he was beat out. Stevens should have transferred a long time ago. 

Archived