Dan Dakich with some interesting IU comments.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HoosierJax said:

Yea i heard it...Dakich got an email from me over his rant about RMK

Good for you.

The radio station he works on (forget the call letters) should consider at least a reprimand.  I understand his show produces income.  I once was a daily listener. But quit, a couple of years back, when I got tired of him hanging up on listeners, who he disagreed with him.  No longer a listener. Nor a fan.

More people should complain to the radio station.

18 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

There are a lot of things i  like about RMK and I used to like Dakich until he got into radio and using it as a platform to spout off...he now reminds me of Colin Cowheard..dont like him either.

I use to like him when he was a guest on some of the shows and he was just talking about the game.  Now that he has his own show and he has just turned into a blowhard you loves to hear himself talk.

32 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Good for you.

The radio station he works on (forget the call letters) should consider at least a reprimand.  I understand his show produces income.  I once was a daily listener. But quit, a couple of years back, when I got tired of him hanging up on listeners, who he disagreed with him.  No longer a listener. Nor a fan.

More people should complain to the radio station.

1070 the fan is the station...i was surprised but i did get an answer back from him on the email..in less than 20 mins..i ruffled his feathers a bit and he responded with an arrogant response..😂

1 hour ago, HoosierJax said:

1070 the fan is the station...i was surprised but i did get an answer back from him on the email..in less than 20 mins..i ruffled his feathers a bit and he responded with an arrogant response..😂

Ahh Yes. 1070, The Fan.  Thanks for reminding me. Yes the protection of social media.  Arrogant response does not surprise me. 

In contrast. I once got a response back from JMV.  Mind you. I was not controversial.  But, equally surprised I got a reply.  A very nice and informative reply. 

20 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

There are a lot of things i  like about RMK and I used to like Dakich until he got into radio and using it as a platform to spout off...he now reminds me of Colin Cowheard..dont like him either.

Dakich makes Cowherd sound like one of FDRs radio addresses. Cowherd is an egomaniacal blowhard, but I will give him this: he'll offer a semi-logical backing for his stances, and he'll stick by them. Dakich just uses hyperbole to drum up controversy in any direction. He doesn't stand firm on anything. As long as it's driving attention his direction, he doesn't care.

2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Dakich makes Cowherd sound like one of FDRs radio addresses. Cowherd is an egomaniacal blowhard, but I will give him this: he'll offer a semi-logical backing for his stances, and he'll stick by them. Dakich just uses hyperbole to drum up controversy in any direction. He doesn't stand firm on anything. As long as it's driving attention his direction, he doesn't care.

One word description:

Tool 

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

One word description:

Tool 

About 10 years ago, I was talking with my dad and brothers about the movie Dodgeball, and my dad called the old guy Patches O'Toolihan instead of O'Houlihan.  We loved the name so much, we started calling my uncle "Patches" because he was such a tool.  And it makes a great nickname because it isn't something he will catch on to haha.

It's really something that with Dakich's history at IU, he has succeeded in becoming one of the least popular former players or coaches, etc. with IU fans. That's required some effort from him. As far as his credibility in criticizing coaches, programs, etc., well this is his coaching record the last five years at Bowling Green. Not to mention his brief stint after Sampson.

2002–03 Bowling Green 13–16 8–10 9th  
2003–04 Bowling Green 14–17 8–10 7th  
2004–05 Bowling Green 18–11 10–8 8th  
2005–06 Bowling Green 9–21 5–13 10th  
2006–07 Bowling Green 13–18 3–13 12th

2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

It's really something that with Dakich's history at IU, he has succeeded in becoming one of the least popular former players or coaches, etc. with IU fans. That's required some effort from him. As far as his credibility in criticizing coaches, programs, etc., well this is his coaching record the last five years at Bowling Green. Not to mention his brief stint after Sampson.

He would come back and say that his best player was hurt in all of those seasons. LOL!  He says that on his show every time someone brings up his record as a HC.

40 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

What's equally surprising is that West Virginia hired Dak, considering his record at Bowling Green.

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Honestly reminds me of a member in a previous version of this forum who was a coach and a Marvin Harrison fan.  He loved to be negative and critical of the coaching staff and he talked down to everyone using his vast knowledge of the game like we were all imbeciles.  Found out later that he was a volunteer coach and when he actually got a paying gig, it did not go well or last long.

Just goes to show, it's very easy to second guess a coach, but much harder when you actually have to fill the coach's shoes, DAN.

I am not a Dakich apologist in any way. I listen everyday and enjoy most of it.  I also understand its a form of entertainment.  Just like pro wrestling.  He knows IU sells. We as Hoosier fans can pick out the negative but he bashes others as much. On many occasions he has said he does not talk much Purdue or Butler because no one cares. He has professional persona and that rubs many the wrong way. I know many of the things behind the curtain that he does and for I enjoy his show. Not for everyone and I get the reasons why 

Archived