Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope we land this kid. I live right outside of Sellersburg and by all accounts, he's a great kid. I had a few classes in college with his dad and he's a good dude too. His mom has always been a big UofL fan though so I don't know if that will have any influence on his decision down the road. 

27 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I thought he was alot taller than 6'7 now?  For those who have seen him in person, does he have any Jared Jeffries in him?

6' 7.5" and still growing according to dr.  

Correction.  6'8" still growing.  Not sure if that was without or without shoes. 

8 minutes ago, DunkinDipo said:

I really hope we land this kid. I live right outside of Sellersburg and by all accounts, he's a great kid. I had a few classes in college with his dad and he's a good dude too. His mom has always been a big UofL fan though so I don't know if that will have any influence on his decision down the road. 

Not so sure on that UofL thing.  Definitely grew up huge IU people and she went the IUS route.  Maybe proximity and recent success relative to IU in the last 15 years may have swayed her.  We haven't necessarily stayed connected like we were kids.  

19 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I thought he was alot taller than 6'7 now?  For those who have seen him in person, does he have any Jared Jeffries in him?

Coached against him this year... he's absolutely 6'8 and long. No Jared Jeffries in his game. He is a low post player, as of now. 

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

With Leal and Galloway at wings and Lander at PG... that'd be a heckuva haul for two years. 

Yes...it’s why the Brown recruitment I think is a long shot at best. We have so many high level recruits over the next couple years right at home it will be difficult to offer him unless he grows some more. Leal/Galloway....then Furst, Landers, and Kaufman...probably need to land a SF or another big to balance out the roster...say someone like Thomas. Any different year depending on the shape of the roster maybe...but can’t see Archie taking the risk unfortunately.

As I have mentioned on here before, my kids go to Silver Creek.  Just wanted to let everyone know that this is one recruitment that I will not be offering insight and speculation.  I've known members of his extended family for years and would not even consider violating their trust and repeating things I, or my kids, may hear.  I will be happy to provide game reports, as I attend almost every one.

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

As I have mentioned on here before, my kids go to Silver Creek.  Just wanted to let everyone know that this is one recruitment that I will not be offering insight and speculation.  I've known members of his extended family for years and would not even consider violating their trust and repeating things I, or my kids, may hear.  I will be happy to provide game reports, as I attend almost every one.

Makes sense.  Do you mind giving a scouting report and college projection?

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I'm sure you will do your best to wear your candy striped pants to all of his games ! :D

I am always impressed with young people who understand things from before their time.  The fact that Trey understands IU's history is good to hear.  

I mean, I was not born yet when the Van Arsdales or Bellamy or Jon McGlocklin, et al., were rolling but I love hearing about them from people who saw them.

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

"Indiana has the history of being a basketball school and I couldn't think of a better coach to represent that."

"You've got to have a coach that wants to win and that the biggest thing I got from talkimg to him."

Too bad it seems as if our fan base doesn’t echo the thoughts of him. At least not today anyway from what I have been reading. 

36 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Too bad it seems as if our fan base doesn’t echo the thoughts of him. At least not today anyway from what I have been reading. 

Yeah, pretty disappointing the direction the tone and civility on this board has taken. I get that we're all frustrated,  but this board has always been better than attacking a poster simply for finding reason for optimism.  

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

"Indiana has the history of being a basketball school and I couldn't think of a better coach to represent that."

"You've got to have a coach that wants to win and that the biggest thing I got from talking to him."

Love hearing an Indiana kid that gets it.  Sign him up as far as I am concerned.

...and yes, I agree that some of our guests from the Debbie Downer Rivals forum could learn much from a high school student.

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I was not born yet when the Van Arsdales or Bellamy or Jon McGlocklin, et al., were rolling but I love hearing about them from people who saw them.

I just posted a Walt Bellamy story you might like in the "remember when" thread.

On 5/6/2019 at 2:53 PM, 5fouls said:

I totally understand! That’s why I will just take whatever insider information you have through private message. 

😎 jk

Archived