Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

23 hours ago, btownqb said:

Why cant you do that in the nba? Lol

Evidentially the NBA doesn’t do talent development...I mean the g-league and summer league etc etc...just an urban legend.

I mean to think you get better coaching or face better talent in college then the Nba where millions are spent training 24/7 etc...and practicing and playing against the best in the world...I mean even g-league teams would wipe the floor with UK or anybody. You play with the best you should get the best out of you. That is why every 5* wants to go to Duke and UK so they say. I don’t get the argument for staying unless the kid loves college.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, gnet550 said:

On Twitter the guy who wrote this said it seems like his timeline is moving up too....he just made the comment to someone who asked a question. So that’s not in the article

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Really hope we did enough for Trey. Extension of no visits,etc...until May 31st really is going to throw the coaches for a loop. Most coaches will have to video or facetime their facilities, etc....to impress recruits.

I think we’ve made as big an impression as anyone could. It’s why this no contact/visit thing helps schools like us who have had him in multiple times over schools like UL or UK who may only have had one visit etc.

20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think we’ve made as big an impression as anyone could. It’s why this no contact/visit thing helps schools like us who have had him in multiple times over schools like UL or UK who may only have had one visit etc.

Really hope so. That seems to be the conventional thought that if coaches were in early....had visits,etc...they might get rewarded. I know someone on here has to know Trey, right? Tell him just say yes. Haha.

13 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Thanks for sharing. This kid is so versatile. 

Dreaming of a Lander, Phinisee, Hunter, Kaufman, TJD lineup. Probably won't ever happen but that group has a serious chance to contend for a title.

2 hours ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

Thanks for sharing. This kid is so versatile. 

Dreaming of a Lander, Phinisee, Hunter, Kaufman, TJD lineup. Probably won't ever happen but that group has a serious chance to contend for a title.

That seems very possible to me. I don't know of any 2020 or 2021 mock drafts that have any of our guys in it. I think TJD is a three year guy and Lander is two (or more). 

1 hour ago, HoosierDom said:

That seems very possible to me. I don't know of any 2020 or 2021 mock drafts that have any of our guys in it. I think TJD is a three year guy and Lander is two (or more). 

Thompson might start over Kaufman, but still. That's a tremendous 6. Franklin will give us great mins. AL, TG, JG should be fine. We will need a grad transfer big or another Fr big ready to go. 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

For Kauffman? because it is funny that someone just posted a tweet from someone who said he did not think Kaufmann will end up at IU.

Yea it’s odd. The prediction came from a Duke guy...he is 2/2 with 21’ class predictions lol but I’m guessing neither guy knows based on two different views

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

For Kauffman? because it is funny that someone just posted a tweet from someone who said he did not think Kaufmann will end up at IU.

Yes to IU. I know they guy you are referring to is considered a very trusted/ reliable source by those who cover IU sports. FWIW, @CoachSS said today on Twitter he fully expects another ‘21 commit in April/May. 

479E7331-5E43-455A-9417-218A4762C7B8.png

3 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Yes to IU. I know they guy you are referring to is considered a very trusted/ reliable source by those who cover IU sports. FWIW, @CoachSS said today on Twitter he fully expects another ‘21 commit in April/May. 

479E7331-5E43-455A-9417-218A4762C7B8.png

Kaufman and Logan can both play the 4 and 5 together.  The familiarity of playing together on the AUU circuit would also be very helpful should they both end up at IU and playing together.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Yes to IU. I know they guy you are referring to is considered a very trusted/ reliable source by those who cover IU sports. 

Is he really though?  I’ve heard him on Indiana sports beat with Coyle and Leary a couple times and he only mentioned Duncomb once and it was more in passing like he wasn’t even an option. 

Archived