Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

6 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Yes to IU. I know they guy you are referring to is considered a very trusted/ reliable source by those who cover IU sports. FWIW, @CoachSS said today on Twitter he fully expects another ‘21 commit in April/May. 

479E7331-5E43-455A-9417-218A4762C7B8.png

I looked on the crystal ball and saw it was a Duke insider.  Also I have no clue who the guy is that tweeted out that he did not think Kaufmann would come to IU.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday on Fox Indiana they showed the 2019 3A championship game between Silver Creek and Culver.  I saw Silver Creek in person this year and can't believe how much Kaufmann had changed from his sophomore year.  In that championship game he looked like he had not worked on his body that much and looked a little flabby.  This year it looks like he lost some fat but gained some muscle and looked totally different.

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I looked on the crystal ball and saw it was a Duke insider.  Also I have no clue who the guy is that tweeted out that he did not think Kaufmann would come to IU.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I want to say Baumgart was an IU guy for Rivals but he is not longer working there. Forget what site it was exactly but he's a good IU follow on twitter and usually pretty good with his reporting. Assuming coachSS is talking about Kaufmann too, I'm curious if one of them is closer to him/his family or if Bamgart knows something about another school making him more of a focus or what.

Guess they could both be right and SS could be talking about Mohammed or Wesley committing 

1 minute ago, PritchardPutBack said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I want to say Baumgart was an IU guy for Rivals but he is not longer working there. Forget what site it was exactly but he's a good IU follow on twitter and usually pretty good with his reporting. Assuming coachSS is talking about Kaufmann too, I'm curious if one of them is closer to him/his family or if Bamgart knows something about another school making him more of a focus or what.

Guess they could both be right and SS could be talking about Mohammed or Wesley committing 

You are correct. I don’t know the full story but he was not retained by Rivals after an ownership change or something?

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have no clue what intel the Duke insider is getting. He works for 247, while the guy you are mentioning (Nick Baumgart) was a writer for IU rivals’ website up until very recently. 

Rivals website predicts him heading to Purdue but all I see is people saying Furst and Kaufman have no desire to play on the same team, so a lot of different opinions on this recruitment.

I know Trey said recently that IU has contacted him more than any other school and pretty sure he mentioned that Coach Ostrom promised him he would FaceTime Trey every single day during the quarantine. 

9 minutes ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

Andrew Slater picks IU 

That's the thing. Every single poster I trust on here and twitter suggests this. Not sure what that Nick kid was thinking...unless he's somehow been able to secure a source within the circle my guess is he'll regret that tweet and subsequent tweets.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

That would be me, but out of respect for the family, I will not speculate.  

Just wink once for IU...two winks for not sure, three winks for we’re screwed....

just kidding, I respect that you respect them enough to not give intel. Obviously I hope he picks IU but I want him and his family to tell us, not sources  

31 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Calling CoachSS......

As I mentioned earlier, he said on Twitter today he expects another ‘21 to commit in April/May. 

Someone asked him about the Nick tweets on Trey and he said he is seeing it differently based on whatever info he has, FWIW.

1 hour ago, gnet550 said:

Just wink once for IU...two winks for not sure, three winks for we’re screwed....

just kidding, I respect that you respect them enough to not give intel. Obviously I hope he picks IU but I want him and his family to tell us, not sources  

Winks once 

2 hours ago, gnet550 said:

Who here lives in Silver Creeks district...we need IU info!!???!??? Lol

I live 6 miles from his school. Not in the know and from what I have been hearing from reliable people is that the family is playing it close to the vest but...most everyone in this area seems to believe that it is IU. The only team that I can see other than us would be UofL. Archie has made him THE priority of this class and Kaufman has been on campus so many times that it would be hard to see him pull the trigger for anyone else. Just hope Cal doesn't sneak in on this one.

Archived