Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/16/2020 at 8:51 PM, hoosierfan34 said:

It won’t. UNC doesn’t have any 2021 commits, currently. And they’ve prioritized quite a few more players than Kaufman right now. He’s their backup plan in case they whiff on the others. Hope that helps. 

This is exactly what drives me NUTS is Instate Top Talent being nothing more than "A backup plan" to these HOTSHOTS and somehow their not eliminated as a choice?  If I found out I was a backup plan, I'd straight tell them to stick their offer where plants cant grow but I never made it to a backup plan lol.

1 hour ago, BornHoosier said:

This is exactly what drives me NUTS is Instate Top Talent being nothing more than "A backup plan" to these HOTSHOTS and somehow their not eliminated as a choice?  If I found out I was a backup plan, I'd straight tell them to stick their offer where plants cant grow but I never made it to a backup plan lol.

Well, keep in mind coaches aren’t going to flat out say to a recruit, “we really want you on campus even though you’re a backup plan”. They’re going to recruit many players in case they can’t/don’t get their priority targets. If Trey was priority #1 for UNC, I’d be a little worried. But, since he’s not, I’m not. 

1 minute ago, hoosierfan34 said:

Well, keep in mind coaches aren’t going to flat out say to a recruit, “we really want you on campus even though you’re a backup plan”. They’re going to recruit many players in case they can’t/don’t get their priority targets. If Trey was priority #1 for UNC, I’d be a little worried. But, since he’s not, I’m not. 

Good thing Coach's actions speak louder than their words.  If our board members can figure out if a player is a priority or a backup plan, I'm certain the players and families can too.  Just my opinion!

8 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

Good thing Coach's actions speak louder than their words.  If our board members can figure out if a player is a priority or a backup plan, I'm certain the players and families can too.  Just my opinion!

I think they do too and that’s why kids don’t always pick the blue bloods even when they’re being “recruited”. 🙂

53 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I don’t buy the backup plan idea.  Archie is straightforward.  That’s one of his strengths.  Look at last year. He loved Cross.  As much as he did, Cross took a long time.  Archie offered Geronimo who was enthusiastic and took it.  It was then essentially over for Cross.   

CAM isn't in position yet like the Dukes, NC, MSU or Ky's of the World to have the same embarrassment of riches when it comes to multiple 5 star recruits.  It has yet to be determined if the Geronimo's of the World turn out better than the Cross's at this point even know I personally don't believe in the Geronimo offer.  I hope his enthusiasm translates to hard work and a Vic Dipo type transformation but I'm all for kids that actually WANT to be Hoosiers over those that wait for better offers. 

7 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I don’t buy the backup plan idea.  Archie is straightforward.  That’s one of his strengths.  Look at last year. He loved Cross.  As much as he did, Cross took a long time.  Archie offered Geronimo who was enthusiastic and took it.  It was then essentially over for Cross.   

Kaufman isn’t a backup plan for IU. If that’s how you took my response. I didn’t mean that. I meant he’s a backup plan for UNC. 

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not sure if this is the place to put this or not but this thread is where  I feel it goes. Got a message late last night that said GREAT news coming very very soon.  Take it for what its worth 

I'm glad you posted it here and not in the Matt Haarms thread.  :coffee:

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not sure if this is the place to put this or not but this thread is where  I feel it goes. Got a message late last night that said GREAT news coming very very soon.  Take it for what its worth 

Well where else would it go, unless it doesn't solely pertain to Trey Kaufman?

32 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Welp. That should make the upcoming 8 hours of mulching move along a little faster. Thanks for the heads up.

23 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

I don’t know anything on the Aminu side of things, but Trey should be wrapping things up shortly it seems. Last week I was told that it shouldn’t stretch too far into May IF he waits that long. We shall see. 

We seem to be getting the same info. Thanks and I listen when you speak on recruits 

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

When commitment gets close, these threads remind me of the tempo of the song "Heroin" by The Velvet Underground (which is musically supposed to mimic a heroin high)...

I'll never get tired of commits....but I always get a little ticked when they happen and I'm away from computer/phone for hours like I'm going to be today. Oh well. Sounds like we should be hearing something soon. Maybe the idea of other players in same class getting some attention made someone want to say yes sooner.

Archived