Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an addiction. 

I click this thread every time I see there is a new post.  The logical part of my brain says 'It's probably nothing in terms of real news', but the fan in me can't help it.

Then, I thought to myself.  I wonder if other posters do the same thing.

:coffee: 

14 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I have an addiction. 

I click this thread every time I see there is a new post.  The logical part of my brain says 'It's probably nothing in terms of real news', but the fan in me can't help it.

Yes

2 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Rabby tweets big day for both TJD and his brother in terms of returning to IU and an offer for his little brother. Then follows the tweet up with......

”Also....” 

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

The way I read the tweet, he tweeted that TJD was definitely returning, then tweeted 'Also', then tweeted about the offer to Tayven.  I think 'Also' was just a transition between the two tweets about the brothers, and had nothing to do with Kaufman..

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The way I read the tweet, he tweeted that TJD was definitely returning, then tweeted 'Also', then tweeted about the offer to Tayven.  I think 'Also' was just a transition between the two tweets about the brothers, and had nothing to do with Kaufman..

Agreed. I don’t think he realized how it would come across in people’s twitter feeds. No breaking news from Rabby tonight.

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I have an addiction. 

Definitely...however honestly I could just wait until the thread title changed to committed or whatever but I too can’t help myself.

On 4/26/2020 at 1:42 PM, Hoosierdave said:

I listened to an interview he did a couple days ago, said he didn’t have a time frame but would commit when he knew the right fit. 

Not sure what to think of his comment about "when he knew the right fit"?  If he doesn't think IU is a right fit today, what will change his mind later?  To me,  I either know already or I'm holding out for a bigger fish to come calling?  No inside info, just a gut feeling.

1 minute ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Just because he says "when the time is right" doesn't mean he hasn't already pretty much already decided.  He just doesn't feel rushed.  He is working on our time table.   I can remember TJD, Galloway and Leal all saying similar things late when they had already decided. 

TJD had even already signed a few weeks before it was announced, iirc.

10 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Just because he says "when the time is right" doesn't mean he hasn't already pretty much already decided.  He just doesn't feel rushed.  He is not working on our time table.   I can remember TJD, Galloway and Leal all saying similar things late when they had already decided. 

Exactly. The "right fit" line is just a canned line that almost every recruit says when being interviewed. It's like when an NBA player says "taking it one game at a time" or "both teams played hard". "When it feels right" or whatever, is just something recruits say in interviews because they're constantly asked when they're going to decide, and they're certainly not going to answer the question for real. 

On 4/26/2020 at 1:16 PM, Euroclydon said:

Has TK ever mentioned a time frame for his decision? Aside from the "imminent" rumor from weeks ago. I should add that did not come from TK.

I was the one who said "imminent". In my mind, imminent means looming, on its way, not very far off. Of course everything is relative in the recruiting world.

If I could change imminent to "within a week or so" then I would edit. Regardless, the time is near. I also purposely put 2nd hand info as I didnt hear this from my typical people, this was a branch further than I like to hear things from. However, given the follow up DMs and posts after I said that... it sounds like its good info. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 3.06.45 PM.png

12 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

I was the one who said "imminent". In my mind, imminent means looming, on its way, not very far off. Of course everything is relative in the recruiting world.

If I could change imminent to "within a week or so" then I would edit. Regardless, the time is near. I also purposely put 2nd hand info as I didnt hear this from my typical people, this was a branch further than I like to hear things from. However, given the follow up DMs and posts after I said that... it sounds like its good info. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 3.06.45 PM.png

I won't discredit your sources as you are obviously more plugged than 99% of the rest of us, but given the context, "imminent" is a very strong word. It doesn't leave much doubt. 

I still think Kaufman ultimately ends up at IU, but get the general feeling that his recruitment is far from over. He received an offer to Virginia on the same day his commitment was imminent. I personally think he's significantly underrated and because of that hasn't garnished the national attention that he deserves. I hope I'm wrong but I see a commitment coming later in the summer/early fall if and when the bigger offers either happen or fall through. 

49 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

I won't discredit your sources as you are obviously more plugged than 99% of the rest of us, but given the context, "imminent" is a very strong word. It doesn't leave much doubt. 

I still think Kaufman ultimately ends up at IU, but get the general feeling that his recruitment is far from over. He received an offer to Virginia on the same day his commitment was imminent. I personally think he's significantly underrated and because of that hasn't garnished the national attention that he deserves. I hope I'm wrong but I see a commitment coming later in the summer/early fall if and when the bigger offers either happen or fall through. 

When has there ever been a date reported?  I have only seen "soon".

12 minutes ago, BDB said:

When has there ever been a date reported?  I have only seen "soon".

That was the premise of my post. While soon and imminent theoretically could take on the same meaning, imminent has a much stronger connotation. Imminent is much more direct and concrete, soon is vague and allows for some doubt. 

21 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

That was the premise of my post. While soon and imminent theoretically could take on the same meaning, imminent has a much stronger connotation. Imminent is much more direct and concrete, soon is vague and allows for some doubt. 

There is nothing concrete until the ink is dry.  You're obviously pretty bored down there in Indy

9 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

There is nothing concrete until the ink is dry.  You're obviously pretty bored down there in Indy

?

What does that have to do with anything I said? If I'm going on social media and breaking news that a commitment is "imminent" it better be something concrete and something that happens sooner than later. Again, I fully expect Kaufman to commit to IU when all said and done, but I don't see it as "imminent". Will be glad to eat crow on this one, but I see a commitment out of Kaufman weeks if not a couple months from now. That's nothing I would consider "imminent".

28 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

?

What does that have to do with anything I said? If I'm going on social media and breaking news that a commitment is "imminent" it better be something concrete and something that happens sooner than later. Again, I fully expect Kaufman to commit to IU when all said and done, but I don't see it as "imminent". Will be glad to eat crow on this one, but I see a commitment out of Kaufman weeks if not a couple months from now. That's nothing I would consider "imminent".

It means a fella has to be pretty bored, to be flustered over his interpretation of the time frame that is imminent. 

24 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

It means a fella has to be pretty bored, to be flustered over his interpretation of the time frame that is imminent. 

Lol.

The day I worry about the time frame of a 17 year old committing is the day I hang it up. Simply pointing out the context of imminent. If Kaufman ultimately ends up committing in August him calling Kaufman’s commitment in April is about as relevant as me saying Christmas is imminent in June.

Archived