Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Why do you always have to look at a negative slant when it comes to IU

Well Scott I don't look at everything with a negative slant.  Tom Crean getting fired was a big positive.  Lander committing and reclassifying was a huge positive.  TJD was a massive positive.  I really like Archie and what he is doing.  I think we're in great shape going forward.   That’s a huge positive.  Why do you always consider everything a positive?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Well Scott I don't look at everything with a negative slant.  Tom Crean getting fired was a big positive.  Lander committing and reclassifying was a huge positive.  TJD was a massive positive.  I really like Archie and what he is doing.  I think we're in great shape going forward.   That’s a huge positive.  Why do you always consider everything a positive?

Because looking at things in a position way makes a better and happier life.

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Uh Hunter committed to IU like a month after Holtmann was hired by OSU.

Well Archie had not been at IU that long either but he was recruiting him while at Dayton.  Maybe he came to IU because of his relationship with Archie and had nothing to do with OSU

19 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Hadn't Archie been recruiting Jerome while at Dayton?  Wasn't Archie hired 3 months before Holtmann?  Not even close to a fair comparison. 

Youre under the assumption that CH wasn't recruiting Hunter when he was at Butler? 

Couldn't Penn St have recruited him? West Virginia? UL? Xavier? Mich St? Michigan? Virginia? All those schools are about as close as we are.

56 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Hadn't Archie been recruiting Jerome while at Dayton?  Wasn't Archie hired 3 months before Holtmann?  Not even close to a fair comparison. 

So he probably picked IU because of his relationship with Archie and had nothing to do with OSU.

57 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Youre under the assumption that CH wasn't recruiting Hunter when he was at Butler? 

Couldn't Penn St have recruited him? West Virginia? UL? Xavier? Mich St? Michigan? Virginia? All those schools are about as close as we are.

He did have an offer from Butler in addition to schools like Xavier, Purdue, Penn State, Illinois, Michigan, VT, West Virginia, and Ohio State. The crystal ball had OSU as 100% of 2 predictions. So you make a good point. Miller won this recruitment and it wasn't due to other schools being worse off than IU.

1 minute ago, go_iu_bb said:

He did have an offer from Butler in addition to schools like Xavier, Purdue, Penn State, Illinois, Michigan, VT, West Virginia, and Ohio State. The crystal ball had OSU as 100% of 2 predictions. So you make a good point. Miller won this recruitment and it wasn't due to other schools being worse off than IU.

😂😂🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Cmon dbm, is that REALLY how you feel about Archie?  You weren't a fan, as recently as last year.

Every time I see Kaufman, I think he’s woefully underrated.  He’s highly skilled, works hard, and is a winner.  He can jump and is working on his explosiveness.  He’s a very smart student.  I’d take him over Trey Patterson any day of the week. 

Bonus. Kaufman would never pre-announce a final list of ten schools.  

4 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I hate to dish on teenagers, but yeah...that's annoying.  Tell us when you have some real news. 

What school gets excited about being listed in a top ten?

Well, OK...maybe Turdue.

10 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Every time I see Kaufman, I think he’s woefully underrated.  He’s highly skilled, works hard, and is a winner.  He can jump and is working on his explosiveness.  He’s a very smart student.  I’d take him over Trey Patterson any day of the week. 

Having talked with a highly recruited guy about a year ago that put out his list of top 8 I can see their point in some things. For some of the guys its just the world we live in all about social media and followers etc.. for this young man he told me that on any given week he would be contacted by over 100 coaches.  Through calls text Instagram many of which have no chance but are swinging for the fences. He said he was not sure where he wanted to go but knew he wanted to eliminate a lot of clutter.  That way those schools in the running could give their best pitch and those out could use their resources elsewhere.  It did not stop all the contact from those not in top 8 but it reduce it significantly. We get annoyed by the kids doing this but the coaches have full access to these kids 24/7. He did say he was blessed to be sought after but it was overwhelming.

8 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I hate to dish on teenagers, but yeah...that's annoying.  Tell us when you have some real news. 

What school gets excited about being listed in a top ten?

Well, OK...maybe Turdue.

I would list the school I plan to commit to, then find out what schools the nine hottest girls in my high school are attending and list those also. 

“Of course the St Sally School of Nursing has a men’s basketball team”

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Having talked with a highly recruited guy about a year ago that put out his list of top 8 I can see their point in some things. For some of the guys its just the world we live in all about social media and followers etc.. for this young man he told me that on any given week he would be contacted by over 100 coaches.  Through calls text Instagram many of which have no chance but are swinging for the fences. He said he was not sure where he wanted to go but knew he wanted to eliminate a lot of clutter.  That way those schools in the running could give their best pitch and those out could use their resources elsewhere.  It did not stop all the contact from those not in top 8 but it reduce it significantly. We get annoyed by the kids doing this but the coaches have full access to these kids 24/7. He did say he was blessed to be sought after but it was overwhelming.

I get cutting down the contacts, but I laugh at all the fanfare.  Even more hilarious is the "this is my top ten list for now" play where schools move in and out of the rankings.  It's not hard to say "these are the schools I will choose from" and leave it at that.  I think you can send the message without all of the fanfare.  Save that for when you're at least close to a decision.

37 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I get cutting down the contacts, but I laugh at all the fanfare.  Even more hilarious is the "this is my top ten list for now" play where schools move in and out of the rankings.  It's not hard to say "these are the schools I will choose from" and leave it at that.  I think you can send the message without all of the fanfare.  Save that for when you're at least close to a decision.

I agree with that and unfortunately we live in an it's all about me world 

36 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Aw, come on now...

Put together a playlist consisting of

"Carolina in my Mind"

"Indiana Wants Me"

" Duke of Earl"

" Dueling Banjos"

" Nuthin but a "G" Thang"

And announce with the song you play!

I'll leave it to the crowd to figure the not readily apparent ones out 😁

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Aw, come on now...

"Carolina in my Mind"

"Indiana Wants Me"

" Duke of Earl"

" Dueling Banjos"

A toilet flushing would be a good sound byte for Purdue.  :coffee:

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Aw, come on now...

"Carolina in my Mind"

"Indiana Wants Me"

" Duke of Earl"

" Dueling Banjos"

I sure hope he doesn't play "Indiana Wants Me". The next words are "Lord I can't go back there".

Archived