Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

Keep in mind that I saw almost every one of his high school games the last 3 years.  So, I'm not saying this lightly.  After all, he was Gatorade Player of the Year for Indiana. 

But, Kaufman's ball handling is much improved.  And, his athleticism is significantly better than it was, even at the end of last season.  Part of it may be that he has more freedom of movement.  He gets held and double/triple teamed against many of teams on Silver Creek's schedule.  But, honestly, he looks like a totally different player.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Keep in mind that I saw almost every one of his high school games the last 3 years.  So, I'm not saying this lightly.  After all, he was Gatorade Player of the Year for Indiana. 

But, Kaufman's ball handling is much improved.  And, his athleticism is significantly better than it was, even at the end of last season.  Part of it may be that he has more freedom of movement.  He gets held and double/triple teamed against many of teams on Silver Creek's schedule.  But, honestly, he looks like a totally different player.

Aau can do that at times.. kids/coaches everyone don't focus and pay attention in the team scheme anything compared to what they do during school ball. (Getting back, finding a match, shot selection, blocking out, etc.)

I broke down the SC/Jeff game this year... the level of athlete, at times lack of shooting (from both teams), and the length that was on the court... you flat out couldn't drive at all. The paint was so crowded. 53-52 final shows that, I think.  

2 hours ago, hoosierfan34 said:

In the words of someone very, very close to Trey Kaufman...

”It was disrespectful what they did to that kid.” (commenting about Furst)

🙂

Care to elaborate?  Who is they, and what did they do?  Inquiring minds want to know.

46 minutes ago, psychobat said:

Care to elaborate?  Who is they, and what did they do?  Inquiring minds want to know.

He’s saying the way Duncomb and Kauffman dominated Furst was disrespectful. It’s just a way of saying they massively outplayed him. 

10 minutes ago, BGleas said:

He’s saying the way Duncomb and Kauffman dominated Furst was disrespectful. It’s just a way of saying they massively outplayed him. 

That’s what I was thinking.  But I also thought maybe I missed something and maybe there were IU fans there giving him a hard time or something.  Thanks.

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Loved this quote and hope it bodes well for the future...

"I think, especially Logan and I, we've got something to prove every game," Kaufman said. "I know I certainly did today, and that's what it's all about, proving people wrong and getting the win."

Interesting tweet from our good friend The Daily Hoosier.  

In response to my question tonight 2021 F Trey Kaufman said he is making contingency plans if the high school season is canceled. Nothing is set, and it is only backup planning, but could involve mid year college enrollment/redshirt. Interesting times. #iubb

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

In response to my question tonight 2021 F Trey Kaufman said he is making contingency plans if the high school season is canceled. Nothing is set, and it is only backup planning, but could involve mid year college enrollment/redshirt. Interesting times. #iubb

Like that they are planning and thinking things out. Doesn't hurt that we have 2 guys on our roster that can share their personal experiences about moving up or entering school early. Purely for IU....not for the Indiana high school basketball fan crowd....this would help him so much hitting the ground running next year. 

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

and that's why we won't be using 13 scholarships.  

Kaufman is the real deal! Massive recruitment for IU is an understatement! I don’t see how you could say no to IU especially in these times of so much uncertainty. IU should be a no doubter. It just makes a lot of sense. Your close to home And family they can watch you play. Your with teammates you have known and competed against for basically all of your life and you would be playing along side the center you have played all AAU with and have really good chemistry with! I mean in times with so much uncertainty you can go to IU and be really comfortable representing your home state on the biggest stage. 
I get that you might want to take some more visits just to make sure it’s right but it’s looking more and more like that’s not gonna happen. And I’m pretty certain they can’t offer everything IU is. 

Archived