Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I thought someone said he wanted to make his decision before the basketball season

There was also some talk about waiting till the Spring.  So that he could take "official visits" to other campuses.  However... it is now sounding more like a fall decision.... and "official visits" may be off the table.

Who knows ?  Alway apply the Jeffries rule. 

34 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

This was never going to be a spring decision.  He is not going to allow a recruiting circus effect Silver Creek's season.  The only way this is not settled by the end of November is if the high school season gets delayed or cancelled.  

If he's been seriously considering enrolling in college for the spring semester if HS basketball is cancelled, that would indicate that it wouldn't get pushed back much.

With all the mystique people try to put on UNC’s campus, he’s going to be surprised how much more attractive IU’s campus is.  Their campus has some truly fugly stuff on it.  IU is like an order of magnitude better looking.   I’m sure the fraud and corruption within their school won’t help a top student like Trey.  I’d be surprised a top student like Trey wants to be attached to that crap.  

I haven’t been to UVA so can’t comment there.  My nephew plays high school ball in Virginia and averaged 16 ppg on JV.  Let’s see how he does in varsity.  There’s a good chance he will go to UVA as a regular student unless he plays college ball at a lower level.  He was brainwashed to be an IU fan but the lure of the instate school with a recent national championship is tough to beat at that age.  

13 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

With all the mystique people try to put on UNC’s campus, he’s going to be surprised how much more attractive IU’s campus is.  Their campus has some truly fugly stuff on it.  IU is like an order of magnitude better looking.   I’m sure the fraud and corruption within their school won’t help a top student like Trey.  I’d be surprised a top student like Trey wants to be attached to that crap.  

I haven’t been to UVA so can’t comment there.  My nephew plays high school ball in Virginia and averaged 16 ppg on JV.  Let’s see how he does in varsity.  There’s a good chance he will go to UVA as a regular student unless he plays college ball at a lower level.  He was brainwashed to be an IU fan but the lure of the instate school with a recent national championship is tough to beat at that age.  

Here is a list of 100 college campuses.  UNC didn't make the list. On the flip side, UVA is ranked #1 :

The 100 Most Beautiful College Campuses In America - Best College Reviews

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Here is a list of 100 college campuses.  UNC didn't make the list. On the flip side, UVA is ranked #1 :

The 100 Most Beautiful College Campuses In America - Best College Reviews

Don't want to rain on your parade Mile, but UNC is #39 on the list. IU @ #15. Whisky is in the bottom 50, and no other B1G school made it. (not that it matters, as the selection criteria was based on "media" reports)

1 hour ago, DWB said:

Don't want to rain on your parade Mile, but UNC is #39 on the list. IU @ #15. Whisky is in the bottom 50, and no other B1G school made it. (not that it matters, as the selection criteria was based on "media" reports)

Ha.Ha Egg on me.  I over looked that.  But IU well ahead of UNC, anyway.  Stay safe. 

3 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Nope.  Started to, but then I saw that others already had and didn't feel like piling on.  😊   Your presence, value, contributions are too important.  Thanks, Mile...for all you do for HSN.

'preciate all you do for Hoosier Sports Nation as well.  And thanks for your very kind words.

Archived