Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If UVA is supposed to be the most beautiful campus in America ( something I am highly skeptical of,btw) ISU has to be about 1,000,000 LOL.

I really think the first 3 are the players. I hope CAM can land him, but Tony Bennett is a great coach and an even better man. He also comes across as a cerebral guy, which could appeal to Trey.

Whatever his decision, as a guy who was correctly labeled as “old” on here this weekend, I feel a great deal of optimism knowing that young men like Trey are part of the future of this country 

In terms of IU and IU's coaches. "We stand together in a good place." " I continue to hear from them nearly daily."  "My mom and I enjoyed our walking visits to UNC and Virginia". "And though Virginia has a beautiful campus... I was particularly impressed with the compactness of the UNC campus."

39 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Fair but Terre Haute is Terre Haute lol. 

Come on, it's not as though West Lafayette or Lafayette are winning any prizes for beauty. And when it's humid with the wind blowing in the right (actually wrong) direction, Staley's sink makes it into town. I'm a Purdue alumnus so I'm familiar with the area and this isn't hearsay. Nor do I have Purdue like some on here so it's not a biased assessment.

1 hour ago, go_iu_bb said:

Come on, it's not as though West Lafayette or Lafayette are winning any prizes for beauty. And when it's humid with the wind blowing in the right (actually wrong) direction, Staley's sink makes it into town. I'm a Purdue alumnus so I'm familiar with the area and this isn't hearsay. Nor do I have Purdue like some on here so it's not a biased assessment.

As a Purdue alumnus, do you root for Purdue in sports at all?

7 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Come on Trey. I love ya.  But quit playin us.  If they are the best.  Commit now.  And get it done.  Really. 

Unfair.  He's not playing IU fans.  He's giving recognition to the school where his uncle is a Hall of Famer. 

I cannot reiterate how important family is in this decision.  And, IU can be thankful it is, because if he ends up at IU, that will be a major factor.

As far as 'get it done', I'll keep sounding like a broken record.  We did not demand a September commitment from Cody, Yogi, TJD, JBJ, Romeo, etc.  Why are we demanding one of Trey?

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Unfair.  He's not playing IU fans.  He's giving recognition to the school where his uncle is a Hall of Famer. 

I cannot reiterate how important family is in this decision.  And, IU can be thankful it is, because if he ends up at IU, that will be a major factor.

As far as 'get it done', I'll keep sounding like a broken record.  We did not demand a September commitment from Cody, Yogi, TJD, JBJ, Romeo, etc.  Why are we demanding one of Trey?

Because.  Those guys were not going through covid. And could take a plane for official visits.  Heck... Trey and his mom drove to the East Coast.   Only to take a walk. They could have done that at home.    LOL

13 hours ago, Hoosier3201 said:

How are we feeling about this guy? I still can't help but think we are the favorites here, but obviously I ain't got a whole lot to go off of except knowing a few people who went to high school with em

Not sure “favorites” is appropriate as he sees good things in all of his Top 5. But, we know the IU staff wouldn’t want to trade places with any other school right now. They really can’t do much more than they already have with Trey. It’s now up to him if that’s the option he sees as the best fit. 

8 minutes ago, hoosierfan34 said:

Not sure “favorites” is appropriate as he sees good things in all of his Top 5. But, we know the IU staff wouldn’t want to trade places with any other school right now. They really can’t do much more than they already have with Trey. It’s now up to him if that’s the option he sees as the best fit. 

Fair enough, perhaps favorite wasn't the right word

On 9/8/2020 at 7:07 PM, HoosierJax said:

From Trey

20200908_190457.jpg

That is very complimentary of him. Kid handles himself very well. That said he isn’t going to ISU. We all know that. What’s the highest rated player they’ve ever landed? Who have they put in the NBA. Campus and school is below par educationally at best. Down to 4.

Archived