Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That is very complimentary of him. Kid handles himself very well. That said he isn’t going to ISU. We all know that. What’s the highest rated player they’ve ever landed? Who have they put in the NBA. Campus and school is below par educationally at best. Down to 4.

Larry...outlier but the obvious answer lol beyond that no one

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, gnet550 said:

Larry...outlier but the obvious answer lol beyond that no one

No question Larry was the best to attend ISU.  However, I am so old I remember this guy who was pretty good before Larry :

Butch Wade 

Three time All- American.  Good enough, in fact to be enshrined in the Indiana Hall of Fame :

charles-butch-wade Indiana Hall ofFame

23 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

No question Larry was the best to attend ISU.  However, I am so old I remember this guy who was pretty good before Larry :

Butch Wade 

Three time All- American.  Good enough, in fact to be enshrined in the Indiana Hall of Fame :

charles-butch-wade Indiana Hall ofFame

This guy could play too

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/2019/01/17/carl-nicks-forgotten-isu-basketball-phenom-overshadowed-larry-bird/2513404002/

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

He was a very good player...I know my history. That team is near to my heart because Bob Heaton, who went to the same high school as me, Clay City, was on that team.

Jake Odom played summer ball a few years back with Sacramento too.

1 hour ago, gnet550 said:

He was a very good player...I know my history. That team is near to my heart because Bob Heaton, who went to the same high school as me, Clay City, was on that team.

Jake was the first Sycamore to register a triple double after "The Hick From French Lick"

Currently, I think an assistant coach for the Sycamores.  By the way... I love that nickname... Sycamores

World's Largest Sycamore Stump, Kokomo, Indiana

53 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Jake was the first Sycamore to register a triple double after "The Hick From French Lick"

Currently, I think an assistant coach for the Sycamores.  By the way... I love that nickname... Sycamores

World's Largest Sycamore Stump, Kokomo, Indiana

This is true he was on as like an associate coach or something last year but got the move up to assistant this year. My in-laws have season tickets and we go some. Jake’s family sat right in front of us. Very nice people, very talkative, and always talked/joked with the kids.

4 hours ago, gnet550 said:

This is true he was on as like an associate coach or something last year but got the move up to assistant this year. My in-laws have season tickets and we go some. Jake’s family sat right in front of us. Very nice people, very talkative, and always talked/joked with the kids.

Neat. Thanks for sharing.

10 hours ago, gnet550 said:

Ah, good ol' Bob Heaton...

The half court heave at the buzzer to tie New Mexico State and the awkward off balance, left-handed shot that went all over the rim to put ISU in the Final 4...

12 hours ago, gnet550 said:

I remember Bob Heaton as well. I was a freshman at IU in 78-79. I had a tiny portable TV in my dorm room that picked up Terre Haute stations, so I watched most of ISU's games that year. Bird was so phenomenal, I couldn't believe what I was watching.

22 hours ago, gnet550 said:

I have family from Clay City. My grandpa’s letter sweater was at the Hall of Fame for a while. I’m not sure if it’s still on display. 

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-2021-forward-trey-kaufman-talks-latest-with-recruitment-in-radio-interview/

Interesting to heat he sees himself fitting into Purdue’s system best, said that his favorite team isn’t what’s necessarily what decides his decision, doesn’t know if he will release a top 2 or 3.

I still feel good about this kid, I have some friends who go/ went to high school with him who claim he is a fan and he just seems like a classic IU guy from what I’ve heard. 

Roll damn hoosier.

Archived