Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

Just now, Rev_AK said:

Per Twitter IU has reached out to a 2021 Forward Mustapha Amzil. Any reason this could be a bad sign?

It could be taken as a bad sign by some, but I don't take it that way. Unless TK has told IU he's coming already (doubtful), then regardless of how high CAM's confidence in landing him is, there is always a chance he doesn't choose IU. I'd be more worried if IU offered out of the blue, had limited scholarships, etc. which doesn't seem to apply here. What do you think?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

Per Twitter IU has reached out to a 2021 Forward Mustapha Amzil. Any reason this could be a bad sign?

I see this being as more of a back up option for Mason Miller. I just watched a video and almost every shot he made was a 3. This screams like a chance to add more shooting to the roster while Kaufman is more of a guy that tries to score at all 3 levels. 

21 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

I'm sure some could view it as this way but Amzil is starting to blow up so I imagine every coach would be interested. If we lose TJD, Brunk,etc....there will be plenty of minutes available down low next season. Even if this kid likes to shoot from outside.

3 hours ago, Rev_AK said:

Archie has recruited Miller, Hopkins and Kaufman (all similar but different) extremely hard this recruiting class.  Its obvious that he wants multiple versatile players this class. Hopkins is seen more as a lock to UK than Kaufman to IU or Purdue.  Seems he is just keeping his option opens. 

Edit:  I will also say coaches "reach out" to players all the time.  Some new age recruiting guys seem to make way to big of a deal for simply "reaching out"

23 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

The only way there is an extra year of eligibility is if half of the season is not played... so even if something gets pushed back to January and only conference games are played then no extra eligibility 

Are you sure about this? From my understanding, it’s already been decided.

7 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I see this being as more of a back up option for Mason Miller. I just watched a video and almost every shot he made was a 3. This screams like a chance to add more shooting to the roster while Kaufman is more of a guy that tries to score at all 3 levels. 

This is exactly what I’m told.  

On 10/21/2020 at 4:24 PM, milehiiu said:

Always good to hear from you on Hoosier Sports Nation.  It was more than a rumor. Jeffries told his parents he was going to Duke.... only to announce for IU the next day.   I remember it well.

With my youngest we realized early that the best way to get her to decide was to flip a coin and the winner was her choice.  After making a choice she would usually realize pretty quickly that the choice was what she wanted or she would realize that being forced to choose made her realize the other option was actually what she wanted.  Sometimes being forced to make a choice actually leads to the best form of clarity.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Or, he chose the date not knowing it was Archie's birthday, but it's too late to change it now.

Maybe...but he'd surely know by now with as many friends as he has on the team, right?

I can be a hard hearted person at times, but even I wouldn't go there...

Archived